30 Eagle Setup & Top Speed >

30 Eagle Setup & Top Speed

Notices

30 Eagle Setup & Top Speed

Old 10-01-2017, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Old thread but here u go,04 300 xp,620hp 540's, xr's with nose cones,tabs set even with bottom,stock 32p bravo 1's. 2 people 3/4 fuel,91mph @5200rpm's some chine walk and bow hop after about 85mph.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still in it today?

Originally Posted by HPJunkie View Post
Not on que here but I did own a 25 eagle with a 598 on the test drive.....and it scared the hell out of me with uncorrectable chine walk. I put a blown 509 in it and couldnt drive thru it. (thought I could) ended up straighting up the triangle and the steps, and sharpening the transom edge to the bottom. almost completely fixed it. I could "drive it" now. At 98 mph it gyrated and almost bounced at that speed. I did try lots of things like drive spacers to increase leverage with no avail. ended up leaving it set up more for "drag" mode with lower pitch. I had 26,28,30,32. ran the 28 most of the time. tached at 6500 but was fast as hell. lost some on top ,was fun to drive. Nobody could beat that boat, even the outboards until about 90. the real ones would finally pass me. blown olds head bigblock 1300 hp on an 24htm was a loss.... I did smoke him to 93 then he was gone!! he followed back to the beach with questions. square up the bottom and prop it for driveability, use restraint and kick some ass. Not sure they are supposed to run that fast.
Today I read your posts back in 2008. Looks like about 98, blown big block, square up boat bottom, time to control chime walk, is the best a "poor" guy can get out of a 25 eagle.
The great thing about 80ish, 25 eagle, is total useable time at speed, due to fuel, parts costs.
Smiles per dollar x hours in the water is the ratio I'm after.
While sitting in the water, next to a twin motor big boat is great, so is running across the lake all day on $200 of fuel .
Hope you are still boating hp junkie..
Thanks for all the information.