24' Eliminator how fast is to fast

Notices

24' Eliminator how fast is to fast

Old 02-24-2003, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 24' Eliminator how fast is to fast

I have a 24' Daytona 1990 with twin turbo 572" Chevy with B-Max
drive-2"shorten lower. Has anybody been 150 mph in a 24', I plan on trying this, this summer and would like to hear from anyone who has experience with this hull.
Old 02-25-2003, 04:20 AM
Registered

Default 24 Footer??

Tom
You must almost be in a class by yourself,Sure that we will be hearing about you and your ride... Hope its all good! How did you ever get two 572s to fit and if you did, I bet you dont take a lot of plug readings..
I had one twin turbo engine in a 18 foot sanger and it took up a lot of the engine compartment by it self... any chance you can post a photo of your rocket, I'm sure that there are a lot of members beside myself that would love to see your ride.. anyway best of luck.
Please dont give me the finger when u go by me, just laugh and wave..I will even by a drink if you can do it!!
eliminator219
Old 02-25-2003, 04:27 AM
Registered

Default Sorry didnt understand what I read..

Tom
please forgive me, Its early and I did not understand what I read. When you were talking about twin turbos some how, I was thinking about two engines.. The drink still goes without going by me!!
eliminator219
Old 02-25-2003, 07:43 PM
Registered

Les, missed you at Alumn Creek last year -- Are you coming to Hardy this year? Where is your favorite spot to run, we like to visit other lakes.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:22 PM
Registered

Default Will try..

Tom
I dont know if I will make Hardy this year, All depends what is going on that week-end. I entered in the Cleveland Poker run, wanted to do the Ohio river run but its at the same time.. I would like to go to different places and meet different people this year, that is if work will permit.I really would like to go out to the eliminator Regatta this summer but I know Im dreaming!! I will be at the shootout..
I just got back from Miami had a great time. The only thing that I bought was four new pulleys for my blowers and a hooker for me..
With the way some of you guys are running I think I'm going to at least need some more boost just to keep you in sight! Whats on your line-up this year? IVe got to hook up with you sometime this year,really look forward to seeing your flying MACHINE!! Bet its wild!! ..Take care,keep in touch, I'm sure we will run into each other this summer.
eliminator219
Old 03-03-2003, 10:13 PM
scotty boy

I aquired a 1990 24 daytona last fall that needs seup work. W/twin 2.5 EFI's it ran 95 mph on etrrex GPS w/stock 28 lightenings/CLE's 1" below. Supposed to go 100 when setup and propped right.

On the S&F site there was a get together in October. I think it was in Ohio, where an older 23 with a twin turbo BB spanked the whole crowd running I belive in the teens. If you seach the S&F site you can probably get the info.

Daves Custom Boats might be able to give you some insight as well. My hull is a shawano boat. Eliminator referred me to DCB for setup info. I'd wear a vest, helmet and kill cord. You'll probably fly. Be careful.

Scott

Old 03-04-2003, 08:13 PM
Registered

Scott if that was Alumn Creek, that was probably me. I was running 120-125 with four people. We had a great time, ran out of gas only had 80 gallons. Thanks for the info

Tom
Old 03-04-2003, 09:02 PM
scotty boy

Yep,

You must be the guy. Did you read about yourself on S&F? If your boat is blue thats the one the post was about.

After looking at a lot of smaller cats 23-27 my current 24 kind of fell in my lap. Now that I've got it in the garage, I think it will be more practical for a lake boat than the other stuff I looked at.

The lake I live on is shallow which steers me in the OB direction. My BB/IO stuff never ran very fast or lasted very long. Outboards have been good to me. I hope these 2.5's last as long as the other Mercs I've had. Thansk for the reply

Old 03-06-2003, 04:23 PM
Registered

Scotty, where is S&F site located?
Thanks, Tom
Old 03-11-2003, 09:43 PM
Registered

OK, this is the 3rd time I have responded to this. Oh well I should have it memorized by now. Damn cyber gremlins.
Tom, a friend of mine just sold his 25 Daytona and it went about 120 and it was very stable. Now i'm not sure if I would want to go $150 but if I was driving, I would probably push the limit. Any idea what kind of power that beast puts out.
It should be one hellava ride. Good luck and be safe.

Quick Reply: 24' Eliminator how fast is to fast

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.