Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Excalibur
Another Bravo conversion >

Another Bravo conversion

Notices

Another Bravo conversion

Old 02-16-2010, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great! Did you keep your engine centerline at the same height? The bravo is considerably shorter (I forgot how much) which meant faster speed for my excalibur. I even moved my engine up an additional 1/2 inch.
That thing is gonna be allot more fun without all that TRS weight! Mine carries the nose so excellent, it used to bury it!
NICE WORK!
Old 02-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Zanie
Looks great! Did you keep your engine centerline at the same height? The bravo is considerably shorter (I forgot how much) which meant faster speed for my excalibur. I even moved my engine up an additional 1/2 inch.
That thing is gonna be allot more fun without all that TRS weight! Mine carries the nose so excellent, it used to bury it!
NICE WORK!
Well the X dem for the TRS was 19in. We all know the TRS is a longer drive, my buddy Robert (excalibur82) "the smart a$$" put his X dem at 19 when he did his bravo on his excailbur and his boat runs really well and gets on plane,etc.
So we decided to put my X dem at 19.5 with the Bravo and will see what happeneds.
Its always cheaper to buy a drive spacer if the drive is to high...where if the drive was to low then that will require a shortie lower unit which is big $$$$..
Erik
Old 02-17-2010, 07:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Looking good! I don't need to replace my transom yet but man does it look like a lot of work! I'll have a major project as I will also refresh the engines at the same time. Luckily for me I have a heated garage to work in at home. Post some pics of the painted engine area when you have them.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Registered

hi there lookin great keep up the good work
i see you are going with 19.5 x when you measure the x is that from the bottom of the boat to the centre of the drive
Old 02-17-2010, 06:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by scarab31
Looking good! I don't need to replace my transom yet but man does it look like a lot of work! I'll have a major project as I will also refresh the engines at the same time. Luckily for me I have a heated garage to work in at home. Post some pics of the painted engine area when you have them.
All I have to say is if I ever buy another boat it will have a Bravo on it already...I HATE FIBERGLASS WORK!!!
More pics to follow as I work on it..
Erik
Old 02-17-2010, 06:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gerard
hi there lookin great keep up the good work
i see you are going with 19.5 x when you measure the x is that from the bottom of the boat to the centre of the drive
You go from the bottom of the V to crankshaft center line. That is your X dimension. So we knew allready that we wanted a 19.5" X dim so we measured from the bottom of the V up the transom 19.5" and marked it. Then when you put the template on the transom you just make sure the crankshaft center line on the template is inline with the mark on the transom.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:04 PM
Registered

thank god its almost done!!! we gotta do some wrenchin on my **** real soon!!!p:
Old 02-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by johnlx302
thank god its almost done!!! we gotta do some wrenchin on my **** real soon!!!p:
yeah man then it will be boating season! time for some
and
Old 02-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Registered

looks really good. your doing a great job.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by amazing1
looks really good. your doing a great job.
Thanks buddy, drilled the transom last week for the K-planes (no pics) and some time soon its getting painted. Then its time to start hanging everything on the transom and pray its ready for spring!
Erik

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.