Like Tree42Likes

27 Excalibur ~ Congrats TxHawk

Old 10-03-2017, 07:34 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 35 lightning

Looks great .I had a 27 Excalibur and with a bravo and a 540 I ran 88. I set the X dimension at 19 should have went a inch higher. Boat looks great congrats .
Here's a video of mine I miss that boat! I like the flat deck better then the speedster which I had and the fact that it is a sit down .good luck with it

Last edited by excalibur82; 10-03-2017 at 07:43 AM.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:09 AM
Registered
Trade Score: (2)

My Boats: Excalibur 27 Flat Deck Restomod

Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur82 View Post
Looks great .I had a 27 Excalibur and with a bravo and a 540 I ran 88. I set the X dimension at 19 should have went a inch higher. Boat looks great congrats .https://youtu.be/FSSG-9bdwy8 Here's a video of mine I miss that boat! I like the flat deck better then the speedster which I had and the fact that it is a sit down .good luck with it
I used a lot of your notes to get my setup. Did you have a standard lower? I went with 19.5X and a -1 lower. It looks like yours had some more leverage. I have referred to your build several times when saying how consistent the setup is. 2 30+ yr old boats with very similar setups and nearly identical results. Pretty cool!
Old 10-03-2017, 12:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 35 lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxHawk View Post
I used a lot of your notes to get my setup. Did you have a standard lower? I went with 19.5X and a -1 lower. It looks like yours had some more leverage. I have referred to your build several times when saying how consistent the setup is. 2 30+ yr old boats with very similar setups and nearly identical results. Pretty cool!
I did have the standard lower. Cool I'm glad it helped you. Great boats and fast for there age,