Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Excalibur
Exterior paint on Das Boat is done.  Engine bay clean up now... >

Exterior paint on Das Boat is done. Engine bay clean up now...

Notices

Exterior paint on Das Boat is done. Engine bay clean up now...

Old 01-10-2018, 04:43 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Well done billy!
You did it!
Old 01-10-2018, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

That's awesome. I was looking at a system to mount where my forward hatch is located since I rarely use it for anything, anyway. This sounds like a much more betterer idea.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL Im glad u guys like it. I used a Honeywell or similar I think I paid 300 bucks. Its 8000BTU. I would like 10000 but this one works. Its nice because you dont have to set it up on a hatch cover, and it sends most of the condensate water into a built in evaporator. I did rig up a condensate drain line that after about 12 hours I drain it into a solo cup and dump it overboard. If you dont want to keep it onboard you could just bring it when ya need and leave it dockside when the weather permits.

Honeywell 8,000BTU Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control, Black (MF08CESBB)

Old 01-11-2018, 01:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 64294501
LOL Im glad u guys like it. I used a Honeywell or similar I think I paid 300 bucks. Its 8000BTU. I would like 10000 but this one works. Its nice because you dont have to set it up on a hatch cover, and it sends most of the condensate water into a built in evaporator. I did rig up a condensate drain line that after about 12 hours I drain it into a solo cup and dump it overboard. If you dont want to keep it onboard you could just bring it when ya need and leave it dockside when the weather permits.

Honeywell 8,000BTU Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control, Black (MF08CESBB)

this is actually a good idea. i'd probably have mine drain into the bilge, though. No need to check it and the pumps will take care of it if needed or it will drain when I pull the plug after I get it back on the trailer.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:38 PM
Registered

Yea its pretty straight forward way to go. I only keep the water out of my bilge because im such a freak it would probably be almost zero discharge from those AC units : ) Mine stays onboard and is semi permanent, I just plug it in while dockside if its real hot out and it seems to do the trick.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:08 PM
Registered

Yea its pretty straight forward way to go. I only keep the water out of my bilge because im such a freak it would probably be almost zero discharge from those AC units : ) Mine stays onboard and is semi permanent, I just plug it in while dockside if its real hot out and it seems to do the trick.
:lol: I'd probably forget to empty the drain pan and have the water in the bilge anyway.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:04 PM
Registered

Alrighty then.... almost done with the engine bay and new hatch I'm building. Next thing to do is deck furniture. I don't want to build a rear bench or captain's seat out of plywood and fiberglass. What ideas would you all have that might work. I was looking at some seats from a pontoon boat (hear me out....) that fit perfectly but the captain's chair would need to have a metal brace to sit on and raise it up. It doesn't look bad, matches the theme of the boat, and looks like it was made to fit. I'm jsut wondering how well this would hold up to heavy abuse. It's an idea for now, but not what i settled on. What other ideas do you guys have that might work?
Old 03-16-2018, 01:29 PM
Registered

Barnacle my rear seat is just made out of marine plywood and covered in foam and vinyl. It is a pretty simple setup that works quite well. It is also removable and it is what the factory did back in the day. Is it just that you dont like the look of the built in?
Old 03-19-2018, 07:04 PM
Registered

Barnacle my rear seat is just made out of marine plywood and covered in foam and vinyl. It is a pretty simple setup that works quite well. It is also removable and it is what the factory did back in the day. Is it just that you dont like the look of the built in?
I had the built in stuff, but it was too heavy. If I didn't cover it in resin or plywood, it would easily rot. I literally ripped out about 600lbs worth of seating.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:29 AM
Registered

I'm tired of screwing with this boat. Fix one thing and three more fall apart....even new stuff that was installed correctly. I'm hope it get struck by lightning and burns to the ground.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.