Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Fiberglass and Paint
Boat Wax, 1 coat per year??? >

Boat Wax, 1 coat per year???

Notices

Boat Wax, 1 coat per year???

Old 04-21-2008, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry there friend, but the names Donnie. I just found it quite strange that the guy from the other forum was from McHenry as well. Guess I just read into it to much.

So why RaceGlaze?
Old 04-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Registered

not sure what other guy mean but anyhow i have used race glaze for years and it to is a 1 time a year product. easy on and off also has a highlighter for inbetween coat's. they also have a real fine comound for buffing. it is not a wax and does not containe any silicone. anyone want some i have an acount with them, but i'm not here trying to sell it, just letting people know it is also a once a year product like yours.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:15 PM
Registered

I didn't get to read the other post, so I don't know.

The feedback I've received from my customers is that Leverage is much easier to apply and my Oxidation Remover is working wonders. As Always, I encourage everyone to read the ingredients on what they use. Race Glaze is loaded with petroleum distillates and turpentine. These chemicals are not good for leaving on fiberglass. They also aren't safe for a marine environment and can be flammable in certain conditions.

I have numerous distributors and ask that you give Leverage a try sometime.

Thanks, Donnie
Old 04-24-2008, 08:14 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Here are some pictures of my Corvette. Believe me when I tell you that the paint job was average at best before using the Leverage. It looks awesome now!!!

One year later and still shining!! I took these pictures last night. The car stays in the garage with a dustcover on. I haven't washed it with soap one time. I have sprayed it with water and wiped it down. No need to say anything else, I'll post the pictures and you all decide if it's good or not.

I can assure you that the paint job on this car isn't all that... but the leverage makes it a whole lot better!
Attached Thumbnails Boat Wax, 1 coat per year???-vettebc1.jpg   Boat Wax, 1 coat per year???-vettebc2.jpg   Boat Wax, 1 coat per year???-vettebc4.jpg  

Old 04-25-2008, 08:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by marineclean
I didn't get to read the other post, so I don't know.

The feedback I've received from my customers is that Leverage is much easier to apply and my Oxidation Remover is working wonders. As Always, I encourage everyone to read the ingredients on what they use. Race Glaze is loaded with petroleum distillates and turpentine. These chemicals are not good for leaving on fiberglass. They also aren't safe for a marine environment and can be flammable in certain conditions.

I have numerous distributors and ask that you give Leverage a try sometime.

Thanks, Donnie
you are full of b.s. diss'n race glaze like that. there's no turpentine or petroleum in it. it's a great product. i have my own buisines and the #1 rule is don't bash your competition. so by you doing that i think your scared people might try race-glaze and see it's a great product. probably cheaper than your stuff too..
Old 04-25-2008, 10:23 PM
Registered

So you are one of them. I tend to pack my own lunch, so here are the links. Did you really imagine that someone like myself wouldn't do their homework. My offer still stands about You seeing the Leverage difference. You were right about one thing though, it's Kerosene not Turpentine, my mistake.

http://www2.itap.purdue.edu/MSDS/docs/1745.pdf
http://hazard.com/msds/f2/bkl/bklwp.html
Old 04-25-2008, 10:34 PM
Registered

I've tried to stay above situations like this, but there's always someone.

As you see Scarab, I didn't bash RG whatsoever. I told you the ingredients, backed my statement up with fact and then told you about the Leverage feedback. Bashing, I think not. Education, Yes! Isn't that how you improve your business and intelligence.

RG might be two dollars cheaper, but can half of one bottle do an entire 36' boat, give it an excellent shine, maintain the UV Protection throughout the year, be safe for fiberglass and the environment and be easy enough that a child can polish their Dad's boat with only two towels?
Old 04-25-2008, 10:51 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, since you posted a link from Purdue, it must be true.
They know their chit. At least enough to sign my paycheck.

I just got my order today, so polishing tommorrow. As you know my issue with my hard to keep clean transom, as much as I didn't want to, I did also order a bottle of Frenzy just for that area. But now looking at the label, it has Petrolium stuff and silicones. 2 of the items you avoid. What to do?

Things were alot easier when one would just picked up a can of Turtle Wax and thought waxing is king.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:02 PM
Registered

Thanks for the order Jerry!

I would still like to get a hold of that transom with a buffer and maybe some 2K grit, so please let me know any events you might be attending.

Information Age, I think we both know. It seems like technology and education has grown at such a rate that we have all the answers now. I'm absolutely amazed at the research I can do with just the keyboard. Ten years ago it was still paperback books and the library!
Old 04-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Registered

I posted pics of my Fountain in another thread before and after using Leverage Oxidation Remover and Leverage Polish. (She is an '01 with about 500 hours)

it is tough to tell from the pictures, but the results were amazing. i have used just about everything on my boats and Leverage is by far the best in my opinion. I used 1/2 bottle of each for the entire boat and I have never been happier with results or had easier products to work with.

Aside from that, Donnie took the time to call me and walk me through the best ways to work with his products. As a business owner myself, that certainly says a lot to me.

I love the product and won't use anything else.

Thanks,
Mike
Attached Thumbnails Boat Wax, 1 coat per year???-bella-04-2008-001.jpg   Boat Wax, 1 coat per year???-bella-04-2008-002.jpg   Boat Wax, 1 coat per year???-bella-04-2008-003.jpg  

Quick Reply: Boat Wax, 1 coat per year???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.