Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Fiberglass and Paint (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fiberglass-paint-167/)
-   -   question on repairing crack in the michelob lights deck, & resto pics (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fiberglass-paint/141577-question-repairing-crack-michelob-lights-deck-resto-pics.html)

ratman 09-28-2006 01:41 PM

Re: question on repairing crack in the michelob lights deck, & resto pics

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
Rat, a roll of duct tape, couple tubes of super glue and your back in bus!!!!! Good luck w/ your project! Wrink

jc, is that you? :evilb:

ratman 09-28-2006 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by O.C.Barry
I agree with Panther's previous post but as for your idea of putting spruce or oak under the deck, I personally would not do that. You have to think of the physics involved; dissimilar materials flex at diferent rates. Something very rigid like oak is going to tend to split away from the fiberglass on the deck, because the deck flexes by it's design (as opposed to the transom which is basically fixed). I would sandwich Klegecell between layers of bi-axial and tri-axial. Being a foam core, the Klegecell will form well, give strength, and be flexible as well. This worked well on my old Top Gun and my old Coyote raceboat. You can get Klegecell from Fiberglass coating in St. Pete. 1-813-327-8117.

Barry

barry what is the purpose of using the klegecell instead of just tri or biaxial cloth and epoxy? btw st pete is a 727 area code, talked to wood down there at spfc nice guy. i just email him some pics of the damage. thx, again. rm

Panther 09-28-2006 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by ratman
barry what is the purpose of using the klegecell instead of just tri or biaxial cloth and epoxy? btw st pete is a 727 area code, talked to wood down there at spfc nice guy. i just email him some pics of the damage. thx, again. rm

You still need to use the cloth, the klegecell would be glassed over top. It gives the area much greater density and kind of acts like a stringer. :cool:

http://www.noahsmarine.com/Canada/Co...group-can.html

ApacheCarl 09-28-2006 01:58 PM

Cool project !!!!! thx for the pictures. That is one of my all-time favorite boats. Saw that boat race in Saugatuck when I was 16. Really nice to see somebody fixing it up. Good Luck, I'm sure its going to be really nice when its done :)

sakoutis3 09-28-2006 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by stecz20
just sink that barge, it will be better for all of us... :evilb: :evilb:

I fully agree sink it. :drink: :drink:

Ike 09-28-2006 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Papache
maybe you can return and get your money back???

What a ass!!! :mad: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ratman 09-28-2006 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ike
What a ass!!! :mad: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hows it going ike, its aholes and elbows working on the new ride for me and my 2 helpers. hope to have it ready for paint sometime next week. i talked to a sharp guy at st petesrburg fiberglass coatings, he's got the good stuff the glue her back together. ike im lookimng for some ics of the boat lookiong down on it so i can see what areas get painted red, can you make me a copy of the videos you have of her running? thx, rm

stecz20 09-28-2006 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Panther
He's just a Piney! He runs he boat down in Bricktuckey! :D

only reason i dont have you killed for that slander is your sister... mahser likes to keep her around.. you know, we sell her to the locals for cases of beer, then break her out for the trip home...... :evilb: :evilb:

Panther 09-28-2006 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by stecz20
only reason i dont have you killed for that slander is your sister... mahser likes to keep her around.. you know, we sell her to the locals for cases of beer, then break her out for the trip home...... :evilb: :evilb:

:D :D

You going to Strong Island to play with the motor boats this weekend? I can't make it but I'll be sippin Rum Runners by the pool in Marathon starting tomorrow! :drink:

stecz20 09-28-2006 05:08 PM

no i have to be with the family.... :evilb: :evilb: lake george is my last event this year with the boys....