Notices

Wet Sanding 101

Old 07-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Donnie, I have not tried any compound yet! I did hit a couple of spots with 3M marine cleaner/wax. It made it shine, but did not make it any "brighter". Sorry to bug you with silly questions and I know you can't polish a turd!!!! Just looking for a little improvement!!??
Old 07-06-2007, 01:21 PM
NO WAKE ENFORCER
Platinum Member

use a high speed buffer with 3m finesse or similar "cutting" compound. Working the compound around with the buffer will get out the oxidation, it might take a time or two. Buff a side then wash with a soft brush to help remove the dust and excess compound then buff again then wax with leverage . Buffing correctly is a skill that takes a learn as you go approach. Just keep it moving and remember the compound is like liquid sandpaper if a spot is still dull use a bit more compound. Bottom line get a buffer and use a compound followed by a good wax
Old 07-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Registered

Thanks 88, Very familiar with a buffer, just don't want to damage the gel. Thanks again for the advice!
Old 09-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bump
Old 09-03-2007, 01:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 99fever27
bump
Good idea 99!

I almost have my update finished, on the Leverage website, adding my Buffing and Cleaning supplies. I've added the same pads I use for Marine Clean. My Leverage Buffing pads are available in Foam and Wool. I'm also selling the same backing plate we use on our Rotary buffers. As usual, the quality is excellent and the price is extremely fair. Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks, Donnie
Attached Images    
Old 09-03-2007, 07:03 AM
Registered

Donnie,

Will your wool pads fit my 7" hook and loop backing plate?

Can I order from your website, or what's the best way to purchase from you?

Regards
Mike
Old 09-03-2007, 09:50 AM
Registered

Hey Mike,

Yes, you can order from me. I'm still updating my site, but on the Purchase page is a link to my email, Leverage Direct.

My Pads will work with any 6" and up Hook & Loop backing plates. I won't have my New additions finished up until a week or so from now. My distributors and myself won't be stocked and ready to go until then. Shoot me an email and I will contact you when I'm ready to ship.

Thanks, Donnie
Old 09-05-2007, 05:37 AM
Registered

Default After checking out your website

do you have a shop? I would be curious to see some before and after phoo's of boats coming back from being a chaulk board. New boats have alot of shine to begin with. We need to see some more photo's and try a sample before deciding if the products wouuld make a diffrence. The produsts we use are a combination. some are better for gel then paint.

Please send a small sample of your product to me and I can give you my professional opiion on the product.

Bottoms Up
1397 Horizon Dr.
McHenry, Il. 60050

Thanks ,, Billy
Old 09-05-2007, 08:54 AM
Registered

yes,, it would be nice to see some before,, and after,, and 6 months later pics ,, posted ......same angle etc...
Old 09-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Palm sander, 3M disc kit, 1200-1500 wet sanding disc and Aquabuff 2000. This will brighten white gel (Yellowing is white oxidation.) and colors. The sander is awesome. Keep it wet and the disc lasts a long time. I tried a bad spot on my boat and it looked so good I had to do the whole thing. I've been in the painting business a long time and used 3M products forever and NOTHING cuts like this aquabuff stuff. A gallon is only around $45. That will do at least 2 boats. It leaves a fairly good shine so only a good waxing or final polish is needed.

Those Harbor freight buffers are the sh*t Too!

Quick Reply: Wet Sanding 101

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.