Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Fiberglass and Paint
How I use Leverage Polish & Oxidation Remover >

How I use Leverage Polish & Oxidation Remover

Notices

How I use Leverage Polish & Oxidation Remover

Old 05-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just started using Leverage this year and couldnt be happier. I have owned SoCal Detail for 4 years now and detailing for 22 years. I get products sent to me on a weekly basis and most is crap. It is very seldom when something worth checking out comes along. Donnie really did his homework and has a great product. In 22 years I have NEVER sold product before but really took this time to make it available to my current and potential customers as well as the general public. One more thing that I find impressive is Donnie actually takes time to answer questions. If anyone is interested I sell Leverage on my website in the store section. www.socaldetail.com
Old 05-28-2008, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I purchased some leverage while I was at the Miami boat show the February. Finally got a chance to try it. Is it possible that I may have purchased a bad batch. I followed the directions on the label and I see no difference on the surface I used it on. It is like I am wiping water on the surface. Right next to the Leverage I used Nufinish and Collinite and they showed a remarkable improvement vs the Leverage. Not Happy or Impressed.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:54 AM
Registered

Hi Banzer,

If you didn't see a shine then you have Oxidation and need to buff first. I have no bad batches, so you don't need to worry about that happening. The Nufinish & Collinite have cover up ingredients. Cover ups include low grade Carnauba & Petroleum Distillates that we've discussed in these threads before. It's a temporary shine that dosen't last and makes it worse on you in the next few months. Please start with Buffing & the Oxidation Remover then Polish unless you're very chalky then contact me. I go for a true shine not a cover up. Remove the Oxidation/Fading first then follow up with the Final Shine and UV Protection.

I don't just manufacture my own products, but I also use them in my Marine Clean business. I averaged over 900ft of fiberglass every week this month, so I want you to be assured that I speak from experience.

Donnie
Old 05-31-2008, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally got around to using the oxidation remover on my top deck, was very impressed as it was chalked badly from me being lazy last season. Will hit it again before applying the polish, but so far very impressed. Easy to clean up and smells nice too, unlike some rubbing compunds that make a mess.

Does any of your products contain silicone??
Old 05-31-2008, 10:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by camptappakeg69
Finally got around to using the oxidation remover on my top deck, was very impressed as it was chalked badly from me being lazy last season. Will hit it again before applying the polish, but so far very impressed. Easy to clean up and smells nice too, unlike some rubbing compunds that make a mess.

Does any of your products contain silicone??
Thank You Camp! No Silicone.

Anyone joining us at Jax, FL. next week?

Donnie
Old 06-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Registered

Ill be there cant wiat. its my first major poker run. sorry if my tyoing is messed up this miss. highway stinks its really bumpy. it needs fixed. Ive been around a couple of the lake ouachita PRs but not involved in them.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:59 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

I have a random orbit polisher..........can this be used as effectively as the regular rotary polisher?
Old 06-04-2008, 11:25 AM
Registered

Default polisher link

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=90820
Old 06-05-2008, 09:18 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Donnie,

Hands down the best detailing product I have ever used! My boat is 93 and all original. Every year when it comes out of storage it looks dull and the corners of my deck start to yellow(wax build up and trapped dirt). I have to always wash strip and buff then reapply. This year I was shocked and amazed when the boat came out, after a quick wash it looked as good as it did when I put it away. I reapplied another coat because I figured I was there and it only takes 35-40 minutes. Can't say enough about it. I have also used many of tthe other products talked about on this topic with decent results but none close to this, I have several half filled bottles of the others which anybody is welcome to before I make room in the garage.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by marineclean
Hi Banzer,
Cover ups include low grade Carnauba & Petroleum Distillates that we've discussed in these threads before. It's a temporary shine that dosen't last and makes it worse on you in the next few months. Please start with Buffing & the Oxidation Remover then Polish unless you're very chalky then contact me. I go for a true shine not a cover up.
Donnie

Donnie, Donnie, Donnie,

A suggestion....tell us why your is superior, noit why others do as you say harm. As you know, I like your product and now use it in relation to Wizards. BUT, it will never replace Wizards. may I suggest you stop telling people that Wizards/Race Glaze harm finishes...because it does not. my business has been using it for more years then youhave been in business and never have I harmed a finish of a boat/car/semi/ ect....

Now...

Does Leverage work??? I am not sure, still new to trying it...but it does seem to be a good, very good product. Does it replace everything, no, not even close...but there is no perfect product. Would I support Donnie and Leverage..Absolutely!!!! but quit bad mouthing what my business and many high end body shops use!!! here is something to put it into prospective....many people know MitcherT...He uses Race Glaze... if you do not believe me, then maybe you will believe that MitcherT knows what he is talking about...

Quick Reply: How I use Leverage Polish & Oxidation Remover

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.