How I use Leverage Polish & Oxidation Remover

Notices

How I use Leverage Polish & Oxidation Remover

Old 07-06-2008, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by marineclean
Hi Banzer,

If you didn't see a shine then you have Oxidation and need to buff first. I have no bad batches, so you don't need to worry about that happening. The Nufinish & Collinite have cover up ingredients. Cover ups include low grade Carnauba & Petroleum Distillates that we've discussed in these threads before. It's a temporary shine that dosen't last and makes it worse on you in the next few months. Please start with Buffing & the Oxidation Remover then Polish unless you're very chalky then contact me. I go for a true shine not a cover up. Remove the Oxidation/Fading first then follow up with the Final Shine and UV Protection.

I don't just manufacture my own products, but I also use them in my Marine Clean business. I averaged over 900ft of fiberglass every week this month, so I want you to be assured that I speak from experience.

Donnie
Is there a way I could speak with someone about the issue I have?
Old 07-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Click on my user name and send me an email.

Donnie
Old 07-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Registered

donnie

hey dude whats happening got a problem, my prop is discolored from a trip i took to texas. looks like sh@#....

Old 07-09-2008, 01:24 PM
Registered

Hey coolhand...my name is matt. i work for donnie and tasha. were on our way to Boyne City for a poker run, and family reunion. he wanted me to get on here to check on things and i told him your problem.

Donnie suggests his Metal Serum. I use it personally when i do the transoms of the boats. Wow lol. Just pm him or call him if you have any questions. Thanks. - Matt
Old 12-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Registered

Winter time is upon us, so I figured a good buffing thread was in order.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Registered

Thanks for the PM Donnie. I'm putting my order in today for OR and polish/sealant. You also swayed me away from spending more $ on a porter cable polisher.

Chris
Old 12-15-2008, 01:40 AM
Registered

Hows everybody doing? Anyone have any winter projects going on?
Old 02-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Registered

I've got the harborfreight buffer and wool pads. If I read correctly I buff with the wool pad and polish with a towel. Correct? Do I need any foam pads? No waxing just polish, right?
My transom is really chalky and slightly stained. The 7" buffing pad is hard to get into some placed on the transom. Can I apply OR by hand or will I not get the same results?
If I buff the bottom of my hull should I polish and wax it or will the polish be enough protection to help prevent staining?
Old 02-18-2009, 10:31 AM
Registered

I use Wool only, foam is not needed. Polish by hand only. No other waxes needed.

I do my best to fit the buffer around the transom, but then do everything else by hand and then Polish.

Just Polish after you buff the bottom.

We just got to Louisville from Miami and getting ready to setup. I'll be checking the board in the evenings. Please let me know if this answers everything.

Donnie
Old 02-19-2009, 07:20 AM
Registered

Will I really be able to remove oxidation from the transom by hand with OR? I've never seen anything that will even come close to that by hand before.

Quick Reply: How I use Leverage Polish & Oxidation Remover

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.