Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Fiberglass and Paint
Leaky fiberglass tanks. Here we go again!! >

Leaky fiberglass tanks. Here we go again!!

Notices

Leaky fiberglass tanks. Here we go again!!

Old 07-21-2008, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by motion110
No fuel in the bildge. Its not too bad yet. Just a few chips in the filters for now. What do you think. Bladders,aluminum. Not too big on the re-surfacing deal. Don't want to add to the problem. Ya think?

Some people just can't resist! I have an account with a company that supplies industry leaders products and info. The only thing I "love" is that you just can't stay away. YOU REALLY GOT ME. WHAT WILL I DO NOW? Oh please can I have the name of that super secret miracle product? Get real!!
I just replaced my fuel filters this weekend and noticed the golden chips in the filters. So now I am in the same situation as you. I am debating putting in Aluminum tanks.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng
I just replaced my fuel filters this weekend and noticed the golden chips in the filters. So now I am in the same situation as you. I am debating putting in Aluminum tanks.
You got some time if there's just a few chips. I'm gonna sit back and wait for GlassDave before I make any decisions. He's a pretty knowledgeable guy. My friend Larry at Extreme Marine knows of a company who has the specs and made bladders for 30 motions and can keep the cost down. Just waiting on Dave first. Did I meet you at Fort Myers beach one sunday when I was talking with Ed? I'm the one with the 30 Motion(obviously) and the 30 Spectre w/IO's.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Registered

it starts with the chips floating around, and progresses where the side of the boat will blister and end up costing you ALOT more money to repair.

Stop using the boat and drain the fuel from the tanks.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RobF
it starts with the chips floating around, and progresses where the side of the boat will blister and end up costing you ALOT more money to repair.

Ditto on that she will melt pretty quickly and start poppin gel and runnin in the bilge .
Old 07-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the side of the boat will blister and end up costing you ALOT more money to repair.
Attached Thumbnails Leaky fiberglass tanks. Here we go again!!-skater-pics-014.jpg   Leaky fiberglass tanks. Here we go again!!-skater-pics-015.jpg  
Old 07-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by motion110
My friend Larry at Extreme Marine knows of a company who has the specs and made bladders for 30 motions and can keep the cost down. Just waiting on Dave first. Did I meet you at Fort Myers beach one sunday when I was talking with Ed? I'm the one with the 30 Motion(obviously) and the 30 Spectre w/IO's.
Keep me posted on the cost and availiblity of the bladders, I might be interested. Otherwise I am going to have some custom Aluminum Saddle Tanks made.

Yes, Amanda and I are the couple from FMB.
Is your motion White with Purple interior? If so I remember seeing you a few months ago at FMB.

Keep me posted
Don
Old 07-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Registered

Yeah I totally agree. I am taking it out one more time to burn up some if not all the fuel then I am going to fix the problem.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Registered

Talking Tanks

Call Eddie Guardado in Miami.He will take care of it.Did mine no problems. tell him I sent ya.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by plumbers crack
Call Eddie Guardado in Miami.He will take care of it.Did mine no problems. tell him I sent ya.
Did he redo the tanks or replace the tanks in your skater?
Old 07-22-2008, 03:24 PM
afr
Registered

im in punta gorda
all fiberglass repairs
a guy from scream and fly told me about this
so if you still need the problem fixed
look me up
thanks
scott

Quick Reply: Leaky fiberglass tanks. Here we go again!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.