The Re-Birth of an Apache Scout >

The Re-Birth of an Apache Scout

Notices

The Re-Birth of an Apache Scout

Old 03-17-2012, 07:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 183 Likes on 69 Posts

Oh, and one point - before you run into it on your own. Just eyeballing your current trailer setup, I'd guess that bolting an extension box to the transom is going to get you seriously negative on tongue weight. You don't want to wait until you've bolted the motor on to find this one. You may be moving some axles there.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi J. SOrry to not have been following this thread. Just been working long hrs...

whatever you need let me know. Id be happy to shoot #s and photos for you. The transom is un touched so far.

CHristian
Old 03-18-2012, 02:24 AM
Registered

Received 371 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
Oh, and one point - before you run into it on your own. Just eyeballing your current trailer setup, I'd guess that bolting an extension box to the transom is going to get you seriously negative on tongue weight. You don't want to wait until you've bolted the motor on to find this one. You may be moving some axles there.
Very Good Eye!! I saw this coming but, I think I am just going to see how it goes, The Axles are as far back as possible. I hate to have to buy a new trailer right away but, on the other hand, I don't like the looks of it anyways.. As far as rigging, your 100% correct, It can drive ya crazy... I Getting it right the first time can cause alot of grief... Its definitely been trying my decision making...
Old 03-18-2012, 02:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TOASTY
Hi J. SOrry to not have been following this thread. Just been working long hrs...

whatever you need let me know. Id be happy to shoot #s and photos for you. The transom is un touched so far.

CHristian
Christian, thanks for the response, I will give ya a call on Saturday. Not sure if you got the answers I need but, I would love to hear about your build!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

no prob, would be great to hear from you. Your apache looks great. our apache project is turned up side down. Just making the bottom true and buff. Fixing some minor scratches et al. Your deck looks great. I may have missed it but did you boat come with the deck hatch or did you put that in?

talk to you soon.
C
Old 03-19-2012, 08:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TOASTY
no prob, would be great to hear from you. Your apache looks great. our apache project is turned up side down. Just making the bottom true and buff. Fixing some minor scratches et al. Your deck looks great. I may have missed it but did you boat come with the deck hatch or did you put that in?

talk to you soon.
C
Keen eye, The deck hatch glass dave put in... He cored the deck to strengthen it up. I am really happy how it came it. I am curious to here how the bottom was. Thats my only regret with the project.. I would like to have trued it up. You will have to fill me in on that..
Jr.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

J-Bonz,

Well, it looks like Dave did his usual hack work.

Man, it looks beautiful! Now the real picky work begins - re-rigging. Having done my share of rigging in the past, I can tell you that it's both frustrating and rewarding - at the exact same time. The key to good rigging is planning and preparation. The thread on bringing back the old M-00 cat was a great example of somebody doing all of that right. Just take your time, measure twice & cut once, and set everything up as if you'd have to trouble shoot it and you'll be fine!

Tom
Nice work!!! Glad to see it all coming back together for you.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:39 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

J-Bonz,

Well, it looks like Dave did his usual hack work.

lol just saw this i must be get'in slow
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 03-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 183 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
lol just saw this i must be get'in slow
And don't forget old too!
Old 03-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave, im curious your opinion on the all the sanding we did to prep for paint. I may have to do my buddys boat and was wondering if we did enough prep to be able to spray primer with what we gave you or if their is more we could of done. Is their anything different we should of done to make it easier for you to spray the first coat of primer. Just looking for some advice and opinion as to what we gave you to work with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.