What Color to Paint Bilge >

What Color to Paint Bilge

Notices

What Color to Paint Bilge

Old 09-15-2013, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
You don't have to use gel. You can smooth out any surfaces and then use paint. I just did mine. I actually do the chit for a living haha. You do need to use the right products. It is not rocket science but labor intensive. Make sure to NOT cut corners and take your time.

What products would you recommend?

Assuming need to start by sanding/grinding down the existing surface then build it up.......until smooth... Then paint
Old 09-19-2013, 06:33 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

rustoleum is great used on several boat, flows out great, cheap..make sure to used the oil base one...holds up excellent..
Old 09-19-2013, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stormbauer
What products would you recommend?

Assuming need to start by sanding/grinding down the existing surface then build it up.......until smooth... Then paint
Without seeing it and knowing your expectations it is hard to say. Kinda like giving an estimate over the phone. I see you have an Eliminator, and assume you have the spatter paint now? You can drag it down with 80# but don't get into the glass. A quality vinylester or epoxy filler then a vinylester based primer will work. Finish it down to 240 or 320# and do a few coats of DuPont Imron. It is very stable if you spray it but they also have a brush/roller additive.