Paint Duration question >

Paint Duration question

Notices

Paint Duration question

Old 04-19-2017, 11:06 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have happy customers and happy employees and the paint last long enough to keep everyone happy then you have a winner. You do have to be careful when comparing in and environment that is not apples to apples, especially about longevity. A boat yard that has painted several boats over the period of several years is an indication of quality craftsmanship, good management and happy customers.

When a hotel gets 3 1/2 stars and you pay $ 65.00 per night what does that really mean.
When you are buying a new TV and it is a model that was just released 2 weeks ago and it gets 5 stars dose that mean the TV is good ? or you are happy with your purchase ?
When a comment is made that I just painted bilge and the paint is fantastic, what does that mean, lets ask the same person 6 months later, 1 year later 2 years later.

If anyone has time to spray up coupons with different paint brands and types and send them to me I will be happy to publish the results this time next year. 1 year in QUV 340 test = 7 Years exposure ( approx)

This test is only for color and gloss retention.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I was referring to the boats.

I've heard the stories of them being painted, and just constantly keep applying paint sealers like synthetic Klasse every 8 to 10 months to keep it protected from UV rays. I've never had a painted boat, and wanted to confirm with those of you that have experience with them, If you'd at least get 8 to 10 years out of them?

I plan on just running it on fresh water and storing it in a yard.
Thanks for your replies.

Originally Posted by glassdave
just a guess . . . but . . . . i would imagine boats . . .