Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Force Offshore
My New 29 Canopy w/ Arneson Surface Drive >

My New 29 Canopy w/ Arneson Surface Drive

Notices

My New 29 Canopy w/ Arneson Surface Drive

Old 07-29-2009, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now don't you wish you would have kept what you had and got and extra drive, everyone that I have talked to says the single engine drive never works like you would like it too I wish you luck, but you should have been on the water all summer instead of fukkkkin with this chit all season...
Old 07-30-2009, 04:15 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 26 REDLINE
Now don't you wish you would have kept what you had and got and extra drive, everyone that I have talked to says the single engine drive never works like you would like it too I wish you luck, but you should have been on the water all summer instead of fukkkkin with this chit all season...
So let me get this staight.

The problem with the boat is the engine and you are laying the blame on me?

You do realize I did not build the motor, design nor build this boat and somehow its all my fault
Old 07-30-2009, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure, keep what you have and buy another drive....and another.....and another......and another and so on..
Old 07-30-2009, 04:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rik
So let me get this staight.

The problem with the boat is the engine and you are laying the blame on me?

You do realize I did not build the motor, design nor build this boat and somehow its all my fault
Never blamed you for anything...I meant the doing the whole thing engine, drive with it being the summetime. I would rather ride over the summer and do upgrades over the winter, hey the drive looks great, hope it all works out for him...
Old 07-30-2009, 06:11 PM
Registered

We've started round up a good number of props to try. But unfortunately we have another situation that will have us waiting on a custom part for possibly 2 weeks or so. I will update this thread as things happen.

I want nothing more than to be posting up videos of the roost and putting up some numbers....
Old 08-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Registered

I have no doubt that this set up will work. It will take some tweaking to work but it will work and when it does you will love it. With the power you have a Bravo would be a joke!! Bravos are not made to be surface drives which rattles them apart even with 500 hp. Good luck
Old 08-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Registered

REDLINE

I wasn't going to respond as I don't want to get involved in this and take the thread in the wrong direction. Rik already handled it a post or two up.

But.... I have to speak up redline, you have to be kidding here. I have no doubt we will get the arneson up and going. We only spent two days in the water with three props. All of the hang ups have not had much of anything to do with the functionality of the arneson. While I admit it is frustrating being one of the first to do a new set up and not having had someone else with answers who had "been there done that" I knew all this going into it and view the end product as worth any delays there could be.

You're suggesting I own a boat that grenades drives to avoid spending a week or two sorting a new drive and testing props? How long do you really think a bravo will hold up with 1000+ horse coming out of a 622ci merlin? I don't half ass anything and want to do things right straight out of the box. Why anyone would be ok with having spares because what they have won't hold is beyond me. I'm not! Maybe I could "baby it out of the hole" not gun it a bunch, etc etc....and maybe I could get a few hours out of one. Jeesh...That's like owning a lambo and putting on $20 sams club tires. What the heck is the point if you can't use the thing under the premise in which it was built.

My delays and frustration lie elsewhere, and at present I am not going to comment on them or the involved parties, unless appropriate.......

RIK
Thank you for your ongoing commitment to your pruduct. It has been a pleasure working with you and I can't wait to get her back on the water.....
Old 08-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hotstang46
REDLINE

I wasn't going to respond as I don't want to get involved in this and take the thread in the wrong direction. Rik already handled it a post or two up.

But.... I have to speak up redline, you have to be kidding here. I have no doubt we will get the arneson up and going. We only spent two days in the water with three props. All of the hang ups have not had much of anything to do with the functionality of the arneson. While I admit it is frustrating being one of the first to do a new set up and not having had someone else with answers who had "been there done that" I knew all this going into it and view the end product as worth any delays there could be.

You're suggesting I own a boat that grenades drives to avoid spending a week or two sorting a new drive and testing props? How long do you really think a bravo will hold up with 1000+ horse coming out of a 622ci merlin? I don't half ass anything and want to do things right straight out of the box. Why anyone would be ok with having spares because what they have won't hold is beyond me. I'm not! Maybe I could "baby it out of the hole" not gun it a bunch, etc etc....and maybe I could get a few hours out of one. Jeesh...That's like owning a lambo and putting on $20 sams club tires. What the heck is the point if you can't use the thing under the premise in which it was built.

My delays and frustration lie elsewhere, and at present I am not going to comment on them or the involved parties, unless appropriate.......

RIK
Thank you for your ongoing commitment to your pruduct. It has been a pleasure working with you and I can't wait to get her back on the water.....
Enjoy Jr. I have a little over 1100plus HP going through my Max Machine Worx drive and the only problem I have had out of it with over 100hr is I flew the boat, spun the chit out of it and blew the drive, hell the only good out of it is it didn't leave me in the water, just stuck in gear

I simply said that you could have enjoyed your summer and fuked with it over the winter, and the Arneson is a great drive, and I hope you can get it dialed in, but it is also not rated for 1000hp either, face it this is high performance boating, you are going to tear chit up it part of it so enjoy your boat, be safe and again I hope it works out for you...
Old 08-27-2009, 12:25 PM
Registered

did you get this boat all diald in yet?
Old 08-29-2009, 05:11 PM
Registered

Hotstang, beautiful boat, it will work out after a little R+D. #26 you are a backpedaling knob! Give some one credit for trying something new, not busting his ballz cuz it didn't work on the first splash!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.