Muffler Opinions?

Notices
Formula

Muffler Opinions?

Old 06-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Muffler Opinions?

Here's an update on the quest for a quieter ride. I'ved talked to Lofty a couple of times and GGB simply isn't keeping up with demand but is apparently still in business. He was going to call me back if he got some in, but that was supposed to happen two weeks ago. I've been trying to buy some GGB's transom mounts for over a month now and they just aren't available. It appears that GGB had a big increase in demand this year and just can't keep up and as a result a lot of companies that carried GGB dropped them. Doesn't do any good to advertise something that you can't sell.

So, I've basically given up on getting GGB Extreme transom mounts. Some places still have clamp on mufflers in stock but I can't use clamp on mufflers because the tail pipe is too short.

I'm leaning towards getting the E-series mufflers from Livorsi now. Anyone tried them?

Garrett
Old 06-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Muffler Opinions?

here is my deal.... the silent thunder had to go for a variety of reasons. Open exhaust wouldn't do in the community boathouse or it's a silly reason to get pulled over on the wrong day.

bought a set of new take off Corsa transom mounts (the large ones) from Trout for a great price ($ outlay was an issue on this project 'cause I didn't HAVE to do anything...the Silent Thunder was functionally fine!

these had the pop riveted "ring" (after the baffle stack) removed at Formula. I've had Corsa's before. These sound "just right" from idle to WOT.

The effect of removing the ring is that less water is "held back" in the "can". Thus a little less silencing and therefoer less restictive.

It may be moot on my 425's, but it worked out great and was a pleasing low-buck mod.

If you'd like to put the difference in the gas tank or into other toys for the boat...this is a good plan.
Attached Thumbnails Muffler Opinions?-ass.jpg  

Last edited by Rippem; 06-03-2006 at 02:42 PM.