CMI Mufflers

Notices
Formula

CMI Mufflers

Old 08-26-2006, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CMI Mufflers

I got the CMI Mufflers put on and have about 10 hours of time on them. They made a big difference over the open exhaust. Can carry on a normal converstation at idle, and even at cruise it isn't hard to talk to others in the boat. I actually like the sound at cruise and WOT much better because I can hear the engine and drive noise more than just the exhaust. YOu can still tell that there are a couple of big blocks back there and they sound good. Performance seems to be the same, but I really couldn't do a back to back comparison. However top speed is the same to faster (faster probably due to IMCO lowers on new drives.)

Bottom line is, if you want mufflers, I'd definitely consider the CMI's. Got mine from Fred at Trick.

They do cause the exhaust to blow out sideways a little bit causing some more clean up after pulling off the water. Probably only happens on boats with a swim platform.

Garrett