Notices
Formula

Boat cover for a old SR1...

Old 12-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Boat cover for a old SR1...

formula1,

I checked and I bought mine from boatcoversonline which is owned by Scotties, and the actual manufacturer is Carver Industries. When I checked out Carver, it directs you to several online sellers. I bought the Poly-guard because it is the most water proof and is just loose enough to let the boat breathe as well. Have used mine for a season and a half and it still beads the water off like when new. The underside area at the midships and windshield area is reinforced with a lining as well.

Carver Industries

http://www.boatcoversonline.com/
Old 12-08-2006, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Treads, is it like one of those blue plastic tarps you would buy at Lowes or Home Depot? What do you mean loose fitting and can breathe?
Old 12-08-2006, 12:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by formula1
Treads, is it like one of those blue plastic tarps you would buy at Lowes or Home Depot? What do you mean loose fitting and can breathe?
Do not cover a boat with the blue tarps. You will get mold and mildew in the upholstery, and you will NEVER get the smell out.

I had one custom made for my 302 out of Sunbrella. It wasn't cheap at $1500, but paint and upholstery cost a whole lot more than that. That's the first thing I do when I buy a boat, buy a top notch cover for it. It is by far the best investment you'll ever put in your boat.
Also pictured are the covers I had made for the Donzi Minx, and the Checkmate Mx14.
Attached Thumbnails Boat cover for a  old SR1...-cover.jpg   Boat cover for a  old SR1...-c1.jpg   Boat cover for a  old SR1...-11-20-05-003-small-.jpg  

Old 12-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Registered

I agree with Cuda - Spending the money on a custom fit, high-quality cover is a good investment. $1200 for mine but fits like a glove, complete with snap-in center pole to avoid water collection in the forward part of the cockpit.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by formula1
Formula1,

It is NOT like a blue tarp from Lowes or Home Depot. As Cuda and rhsj say above, not good for the boat. What I meant was that it is snug enough that it looks like a custom cover, extends below the rub rail about 8" or so all the way around, but yet isn't extremely tight to get over the bow and stern. I use my cockpit cover with the support pole as rhsj mentions, and then put on the full cover.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:39 AM
Registered

Treads, I don't mean to sound like an idiot. I like the Polyguard cover. It's just in their description, they say it does NOT breathe. That's why I asked if it was kinda like the blue tarp. I HAVE to make sure it BREATHES or I'm sure I'll wind up with a mold farm! And the other alternative is the polycotton, but like Thirdbird said, after a month, I don't want a sagging sponge on top of my boat either (even though that seems to be the one I should get).
Old 12-29-2006, 07:09 PM
Registered

hey i have a cover that can with my 302 i will part with it for a couple hundered buck if you are interested from what i remember it is in good condition call me 586 531 3657 talk to you adam
Old 12-30-2006, 12:01 AM
Banned

Debbie says she can make a full boat cover, so a few months ago, I bought the material to make it with. It sat around here for months. She finally cut some patterns for it a couple weeks ago, and today she pinned the patterns to the material, and started cutting the pieces.

She had a little trouble getting the sewing machine to work properly. She finally figured she had the needle in wrong, and now at about midnight, she got started sewing. She didn't like me taking pictures of her with her granny glasses on.
Attached Thumbnails Boat cover for a  old SR1...-1-025.jpg   Boat cover for a  old SR1...-12-29-002.jpg   Boat cover for a  old SR1...-12-29-003.jpg  

Old 01-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Registered

Adam, do you have any pics? I would be interested, unless Debbie want's to make me one!
Old 01-02-2007, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cuda
at about midnight, she got started sewing
once again the greatest boat chick in the world hard at work.

Quick Reply: Boat cover for a old SR1...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.