Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Formula (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula-36/)
-   -   Cocktails anyone . . . (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula/148801-cocktails-anyone.html)

Rippem 01-11-2007 12:59 PM

Re: Cocktails anyone . . .

...provide both :crazy:

RaggedEdge 01-11-2007 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by axapowell (Post 1989983)
Same day service...The 303 went the same day as I picked up the 353. I was NEVER boatless and sometimes I even had 2!! :eek: :drink: :D

Dave

So if the looking dosen't count, then my deal was mearly minutes. It took Samantha that long to go back to the car for the check book after we stepped into Roberts boathouse.:cool: :p

RaggedEdge 01-11-2007 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rippem (Post 1990226)
...provide both :crazy:

Still :confused: :sorry:

Back to work to finish up the door repairs, I'll ponder as I work. (don't whistle well anyways)

axapowell 01-11-2007 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge (Post 1990227)
So if the looking dosen't count, then my deal was mearly minutes. It took Samantha that long to go back to the car for the check book after we stepped into Roberts boathouse.:cool: :p

I thought that it was the time you were boatless, and then when you FINALLY put it (the new one) in the water?

Dave

RaggedEdge 01-11-2007 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by axapowell (Post 1990264)
I thought that it was the time you were boatless, and then when you FINALLY put it (the new one) in the water?

Dave

Try this one on for size, and I quote...... " I wasn't informed of ANY competition, nor do I wish to participate in one."

For the record, for those prone to tracking such trivial chit;

Time elapsed from old boat out of parking lot and away to trade in on old boat sold = 1 hour for verbal from buyer, add 3 days to get financing for buyer set up, weekend slowed me up here, add one week for buyer to come pick up trade in boat and take away. Quite a feat on my part, in that both were Velocities. No doubt some form of devine intervention here.(RIP will get this, you might not.)

Time elapsed from trade in on old boat away to start of search = 3 days, again the weekend, needed to deposit proceeds of trade in sale, and why miss out on a weekend on the Sea Ray loaner with A/C.

Time to make decision to buy boat once seen = 5 minutes, took Samantha longer to go get checkbook from the car to make deposit. Add time here for return trip home from Kentucky and time to wire transfer balance of cash to Robert for boat.

Time from old boat away to purchase of new one = 6 weeks +/- , add some more if you like for the fetching and launching. And I did fart around washing and waxing before launching, but that's me.

Time spent suffering the ill effects of boatlessnes = ZERO!!! Thanks to my friend/employer M.L. and my association with his marina I was never without a boat to camp out on. Not so bad, a 340 Sundancer in my slip and a small center console/shop boat for buzzing around.

Time spent waiting/wanting for my 1st Fountain = Most of my adult life.

Time spent looking for my next Fountain = A little bit every day.

Time to the purchase of my next Fountain = Don't know, like the present one, I'll know it when I see it.:cool: Maybe the next time I'll do a trade deal, then my story can be just like yours. Short, simple and easy.

There you have it!!!:p
Now where the chit did that woman put the easy button? :eek:

Rippem 01-11-2007 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge (Post 1990528)
Try this one on for size, and I quote...... " I wasn't informed of ANY competition, nor do I wish to participate in one."

:D

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge (Post 1990528)
No doubt some form of devine intervention here.(RIP will get this, you might not.)

;)

RaggedEdge 01-11-2007 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rippem (Post 1990570)
:D

;)

I'll see your:D , and raise you a:p Likely only applies to tow vehicles anyways.

;) , knew it.

5PMSMWHR 01-11-2007 08:54 PM

you gentlemen are truly worse than little old lady's. Lets get this thread back on track, nobody gives a chit that you all had your boats within 10 minutes of the last deal, this thread is about cocktails and getting together socially, (what boating is really about) . To that end the little woman and I went for a light dinner tonight at a place that may be excellent for our little outing the Friday of Pontoonarama here in SYR. When Axa and the Mrs. were here we stopped by a place in B'ville for a post ****ens cocktail. Very nice place and they have a room which will accomodate 8-18 people. Sounds about right. Excellent food, great atmosphere, and there's even a band up in the ballroom starting at 830. Conveniently located, easy to get to from the F'grounds. We penciled in the room. The web link is www.moheganmanor.com Look it over and let us know your thoughts.

axapowell 01-11-2007 09:08 PM

You know we are in!!

Dave and Gail

5PMSMWHR 01-11-2007 09:08 PM

Quick tidbit . . the chef at this restaurant is Rick DaCuffa, same chef that is up at Joeys in A'bay . . .

Mike and I can host pre-dinner cocktails for those who do not have to work the boat show. :drink: :drink: :drink:

5PM-H