shotgun exhaust?

Notices
Formula

shotgun exhaust?

Old 02-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shotgun exhaust?

Is anyone running the drew marine exhaust on their fastecs? I wonder if they are quiet enough at idle to carry on a conversation around the docks? I don't mind them being a little louder than the silent thunder. will they be almost in the water clamping the on to a 6" tip?
Old 02-21-2007, 09:41 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had forgotten they were still around,used them in the mid 80's on my 18 Donzi SBC. Kind of low tech,even back then.A plate with lots of holes,closes with a spring,exhaust pressure opens the plate. Unless they have made some improvements over the years I would think some of the latest Corsa proiducts would make more sense,course it's been over 20 years since I used them.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Can't help with where they will sit in relation to the water on your hull. I had them on my Velocity with 525 SC's and was very pleased with how they worked. Took noise from 103 db at idle down to 96 db, and did a good job of taking the harsh bark out of the SC engines. They are simple/low tech but work, and caused no loss of top end speed like some of the other brands do. Would buy them again.