new Fastech steering wheels

Notices
Formula

new Fastech steering wheels

Old 08-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 5PMSMWHR
BTW, HBW now has yet another 353 in the boathouse. Thanks for the assist from Ragged to get us set up in slip 39.

You're welcome, like I said all you need is a DEPENDABLE GUY, one with an inside edge dosen't hurt. Just remember to bring the buckets in case it rains.

Now all you need is a trailer guy to come up with a way to keep that drive guard bar from getting stuck in the river bottom and fu@kin' up the launch program.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Asking for technical assistance!!

I purchased one of Fred's new wheels for my fastech. I notice that the stock allen head bolts that hold the wheel to the hub are too tall to allow the new centercap to fit flush to the wheel. How did you folks remedy the situation?? New bolts?? What size?? Where available from?? Thanks for your answers!!!
Old 08-13-2007, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Barrydet
I purchased one of Fred's new wheels for my fastech. I notice that the stock allen head bolts that hold the wheel to the hub are too tall to allow the new centercap to fit flush to the wheel. How did you folks remedy the situation?? New bolts?? What size?? Where available from?? Thanks for your answers!!!
Last week I broke down and purchased a silver Isotta Aria from Fred! Robert suggested the silver and after many hours of looking at other wheels I kept going back to the Aria design. Was concerned how the silver wheel would blend with the white dash but didn't consider the silver windshield frame and silver vinyl accents. Installed it this weekend (forgot the d@mn camera!) and it looks awsome!! Can't believe how much a steering wheel can effect the overall interior look. Will post before and after pics next week.

Barrydet, the Aria should include two sets of Allen type screws. One set to mount the wheel to the hub (tapered head that fit flush) and one set to mount the center cover to the wheel. You do not re-use the stock screws. I believe I used a 3mm or 4mm Allen wrench, can't remember, was too excited about getting it installed!
Old 08-13-2007, 03:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Red face fastech wheel

Thanks for the tip, sir.....In my haste to get to the boat, I failed to find the second set of bolts stapled in the bottom of the box. Thank goodness I had not thrown it away. I found the second set of bolts, and it is all good now!!! A beautiful addition to the formula cockpit. And a big thank you to Fred at Trick Marine.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 08-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Kevin, the new wheel looks nice. I don't know why ALL of the boat manufacturers install asymmetrical steering wheels when hardly any of the steering systems return to a true center. The symmetrical steering wheel looks sharp no matter where your drives are positioned.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:06 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I saw the wheel in person at the Formula factory on Monday being installed in a 2008 353 (Blue dash and Silver consoles! - Beautiful!!). I offered to buy one from them at Fred's price. All I got in return was a smile....

Christmas is coming....
Old 08-25-2007, 04:21 PM
Registered

Finally took some pictures of my new silver Isotta Aria I got from Trick Marine. I think it improves the overall look of the dash 100% compared to the original white Revo wheel! Really has a good feel and like Sydwayz said, being asymmetrical makes sense.
Attached Thumbnails new Fastech steering wheels-dash1.jpg   new Fastech steering wheels-dash2.jpg   new Fastech steering wheels-dash3.jpg  

Old 08-25-2007, 05:36 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice!
Old 08-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
Very nice!
Thanks Robert! I am really happy with it. It's amazing how something simple like a steering wheel can change the overall look so much.

Quick Reply: new Fastech steering wheels

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.