292 prices >

292 prices

Notices
Formula

292 prices

Old 09-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this the boat from Morristown? Saw that one for sale in at a used car dealership just outside of Ogdensburg on a blue eagle trailer.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by kjo43
Is this the boat from Morristown? Saw that one for sale in at a used car dealership just outside of Ogdensburg on a blue eagle trailer.

Yes, not owned by the car dealer though. Owner has a summer place in Morristown and lives in Canton, NY.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Registered

familar with the house, I've seen the boat on the lift when passing by on the river. thought it was a 2002 or 2003 but I didn't know it had scorpions...great paint scheme on that boat. Would love to know the asking $ if you talk to him, prob beyond my reach this year though.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LIMNATR
Yeah, it seems to me that the dealers up by me must all be independantly wealthy. I can't get Bald Knob to call me back on boats I've looked at there, and I can't get Mark Biasco from Munson to call me back on a used 292 they have either. When I initially talked to Mark, he told me he left Bald Knob because their service dept. sucked. I'll be lookin for ya on the chain.
Don't believe everything Mark tells ya. He seems to be the typical used car sales guy. He will tell you what you want to hear to get you to sign on the dotted line and when it comes time for him to step up and deliver, he is no where to be found.
I would say the owners of Bald Knob were tired of the complaints, he would expect everyone else to clean up the mess he made.
Just my opinion though
Old 09-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LIMNATR
fastmcars, was it you at the North Point launch ramp that had some bad luck?. A friend of mine was there with his older Formula, and said he talked to you. It sucks when your ready to have a great day boating and that kind of crap happens.
Yes that was me. Fortunately, I was coming out when the trailer tire fell off. The wheel must have been moving around and sheared off one of the wheel studs, the other five studs were all erroded but had the wheel nuts still on. It appears that the trailer wheel studs may be too long for the acorn nut. They bottom out, causing not enough torque on the wheel (the stud sticks out 1.24" and the accorn nuts are only 1.4" with a blind tap that probably doesn't go down to the bottom). The wheel isn't hub centric, so it was moving all around. Of course, It would have helped if I had my spare I ordered 4 months ago! I called Tim at Bald Knob and told him to get me a wheel and rim, and I didn't care where he got it from. I will say that he came through. So after I replaced the studs, and my friends came back from Bald Knob with the spare, I was out of there 5 hours later! That was a lot of fun.
I called Eagle trailer today, but they did have any thoughts on my problems. I think I'm on my own to rebuild the trailer properly!
Old 09-05-2007, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by kjo43
familar with the house, I've seen the boat on the lift when passing by on the river. thought it was a 2002 or 2003 but I didn't know it had scorpions...great paint scheme on that boat. Would love to know the asking $ if you talk to him, prob beyond my reach this year though.

It is a nice looking boat, and loaded with options. I believe he is mid 80's on the Eagle trailer. The Scorpions are a very pricey option but make a real difference in performance. If you're interested let me know and I can verify the options and price for you.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:58 AM
Registered

That 292 thats in the showroom List onit was 185,000.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The Chain is officially open as well as the upper river.

Mark B. is a tool, no matter where he is.

Bald Knob never returns calls (and usually never has anyone in the showroom). Well, that was my experience over the last year.

Give MagicFloat a call if you are not getting what you need.

We will be on the Chain this weekend in our 260 BR... give us a wave!
Old 09-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Registered

Why did Merc quit making the Scorpions? Makes no sense.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Way too high price resulted in low sales.They were hand built by Merc Racing,great engines,but while blue paint can make big blocks desirable at a high price,it did not trickle down to blue painted small blocks. I hated to see them go,but the price difference over the 6.2 was crazy.

Quick Reply: 292 prices

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.