TIBBC "The Thread" again...

Notices
Formula

TIBBC "The Thread" again...

Old 03-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge

That in mind, I'm just buffin', waxin', and detailin' my new boat. Anticipating the approaching end of winter, the upcomming boating season, and a boat ride. I believe this will be the dawning of a new era in "pleasure boating",,,,,,,,,,,,,,, as we know it.
I would kill to have a cozy place to keep the boat and be able to tinker at will. I need about a 40x60, but the neighborhood assn would most likely not approve. Kitty's brother in law had a great shop next to his house for that kind of thing but he decided to knock off the cover to his underground propane with a tractor and BOOM!, no more barn......
Old 03-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by axapowell
What happened to your insider info post?

Dave

Poofed it.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 5PMSMWHR
I would kill to have a cozy place to keep the boat and be able to tinker at will. I need about a 40x60, but the neighborhood assn would most likely not approve. Kitty's brother in law had a great shop next to his house for that kind of thing but he decided to knock off the cover to his underground propane with a tractor and BOOM!, no more barn......

It has been nice to have this winter, especially since I bought the boat so late, though it's not been without it's price. Started out as a joint venture, which was fairly reasonable, and quickly became dis-jointed. In that the building owner is a long time friend I ended up doing a little more than I had planed on, kinda became double-jointed, so to speak, he's been real good about the whole deal. Oh well, such is life, sometimes you just gotta do what you know is right. I could have spent the money on a trip south, or a cruise, but in reality have more fun fussing with the boat.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 03-05-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 5PMSMWHR
As for our boy Wiley Coyote, spinning him up online has become so easy lately it's almost not a sport anymore.
not spun-up, just bored in front of the computer at times, looking for something to do and you "sports" provide it.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Registered

don't mean to depress you 1000 Islanders but... boating season's still two months away.

still havin' fun with the sleds for at least another couple weeks. Best March for riding in a few years. Did 150 mi. Tuesday in 7 hours with a long lunch stop.

gonna ride Monday and Tuesday this coming week...

Salmon River tributaries starting to run down south and the view of the valley from the Timberview last week (clear 10* day).
Attached Thumbnails TIBBC "The Thread" again...-100_0217.jpg   TIBBC "The Thread" again...-100_0189.jpg   TIBBC "The Thread" again...-100_0216.jpg  

Old 03-06-2008, 01:10 PM
Registered

this makes a good screen saver at work...
Attached Thumbnails TIBBC "The Thread" again...-100_0221.jpg  

Last edited by Rippem; 03-06-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Registered

speaking of enjoyment...

I am enjoying perusing the new full-page of legal-eze attached to this year's dockage bill...

a couple of those articles are near and dear to me as you know

though I find the pre-emptively absolving yourself from bringing any suit of any kind over any result of using the premises regardless of conditions with a simple non-witnessed John Hancock through the mail, to be...well...
entertaining.

I expected this long ago, but how much "water" does it really hold to protect our friend?
Old 03-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippem
still havin' fun with the sleds for at least another couple weeks. Best March for riding in a few years.
Spring riding was my absolute favorite time. Tons of snow, packed in good, right out into the woods on a sunny 50 degree day..........just doesn't get better than that!!

However, work put an end to that. Our refueling outages are staggered for the two units, each unit is on a two-year refueling frequency. So, every year one or the other is down in March. Every year my March is spent getting reaquainted with the reactor vessel up close and personal. Pretty much wiped out my spring riding.

Saves money for boating though.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ThirdBird
Every year my March is spent getting reaquainted with the reactor vessel up close and personal.

Now I understand what Julie means when she refers to your "glowing personality".
Old 03-08-2008, 11:51 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Come on Guys...I need a few "Guys" to vote for us...

SVL55

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=180963

Check out the SVL thread as well...the last 2 pages shows the progress of the boat!

Dave

Quick Reply: TIBBC "The Thread" again...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.