Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice paint C spray, looks damn good!
Old 03-19-2008, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippem
aluminum or fiberglass fairing 1st on my list...
Dude, go buy a Fountain if you want a fairing. Windshields are cool and functional. It ain't always 90 degrees around here, I'll keep my windshield, thank you!!

Plus, all you trendy, gnarly boys that don't want a bow rail, try pulling into a wind swept dock and hanging onto your ultra-polished, no-rail deck while your boat lifts away or crunches glass on the dock.

Stupid, just stupid!! OK, I'm old. But, it's a boat, it needs certain accoutrenents that yield themselves to satisfactory boating. These items have been refined over hundreds of years of marine experience. Think about it: "Oh, but it looks so cool with a smooth deck". Well again, I'm old, you'll learn the hard way that you NEED a bow rail. If you have suction cup palms, then maybe, just maybe you don't need a rail.

I'm done now.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippem
the integrated steps in the door would be worthless without a SUBSTANTIAL center w/s support...
and a first mate with a 30" stride.
as far as the w/s is laid back, and as little dash as there is behind the top frame looking down, it's not an ideal step over situation.

aluminum or fiberglass fairing 1st on my list...
I guess if you had a fairing integrated steps would not be worthless.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:14 PM
Registered

OK OK... LISTEN TO YOURSELVES .. WHY DID YOU BUY A FORMULA? .... BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE A FORMULA!: I WOULDN'T CHANGE A THING, ALL CLASS NOT JUST GLASS
Old 03-19-2008, 11:57 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ThirdBird
Dude, go buy a Fountain if you want a fairing.

Now hold on there, I have a windshield on the new Fountain. And I want to tell you it does a he11 of a job at 90+. Hardly messed the doo on the test drive last fall. Got bow rails, an anchor locker, and a vacuflush chitter as well. Dosen't seem to slow it down much.

Old farts rule Bird, Old farts rule!!!
Old 03-20-2008, 08:41 AM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

This went from bling boat suggestions to re-designing the whole boat. Formula is a class boat company and the Fastech model is for the luxary go fast crowd (gentlemans hi-performance boat)

If you want an all out race boat and all these other changes that you may prefer as so many of you have suggested then I suggest you look at other builders that have those qualities.

I also agree on the rails and I like the comforts of the cabin in the Fastech models.

Blin is bling not a re-design of the blue prints.... again my $02
Old 03-20-2008, 09:24 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by J.B. Marshall
This went from bling boat suggestions to re-designing the whole boat. Formula is a class boat company and the Fastech model is for the luxary go fast crowd (gentlemans hi-performance boat)

If you want an all out race boat and all these other changes that you may prefer as so many of you have suggested then I suggest you look at other builders that have those qualities.

I also agree on the rails and I like the comforts of the cabin in the Fastech models.

Blin is bling not a re-design of the blue prints.... again my $02
I hear what you are saying, people buy certain boats for certain reasons. But he didn't say he was looking to do just bling and appearance upgrades. He was looking to do performance updates as well. Also being a shop like Lipship is about more than offering custom options and appearance upgrades. It is about getting the absolute most performance out of a hull and giving the customer exactly what they they want. I am just not sure how you would get another 10 mph out of a Formula with all the amenities and ride quality and HP being the same as a stock boat without stripping some serious weight whether it be in the hull or cabin, deck, etc. Heck I would really like to see a 271 with a 525 be able to run 75+mph all day on GPS w/o safrificing anything but that is just me. I was just throwing out suggestions from the other end of the spectrum...didn't mean to ruffle feathers

Last edited by cuposterchild; 03-20-2008 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ThirdBird
Dude, go buy a Fountain if you want a fairing. Windshields are cool and functional. It ain't always 90 degrees around here, I'll keep my windshield, thank you!!
first of all, at 6'6" the w/s only serves to put ALL the air right on my face/head...thus the windaways... because it's annoying having all the flow directed right at my head and buffeting my ears.

I can get out of it sitting down with the deflectors on, but that's it.

second of all, have you ever seen what happens to those aboard when a glass w/s shatters? I have and it ain't pretty...

anyone who wants/enjoys a glass w/s on a performance boat is welcome to that opinion

but I have my asthetic, functional, and safety reasons why you should have a choice.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
I guess if you had a fairing integrated steps would not be worthless.
that is true and I thought that when I typed that post.

steps and an easy to get over smaller fairing would be a good combo. In fact I think if you look around that combo is available and works on some other high end perf boats.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Yep, here's an example. Probably a bit more fabrication involved than a typical dealer upgrade... more of a 'factory' upgrade... They still should make the existing door silver to match the dash.
Attached Thumbnails Question for Fastech owners-pic.jpg  

Quick Reply: Question for Fastech owners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.