Anchor that Fits - 353 storage bin >

Anchor that Fits - 353 storage bin

Notices
Formula

Anchor that Fits - 353 storage bin

Old 03-25-2008, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My biggest fear is that if I screw in those clipper holding clips, to hold the crossbar on the anchor, that I'm going to go right threw the hull or into the cabin. Anyone have any idea of how much room I have to work with in the anchor locker, meaning how think the walls are. Also what's behind the mirror at the front of the V-berth.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems like a lot of work. I put mine under the back seat for me, it is a little easier and less damaging for me to drop anchor over the side and hold the line in my hand as I back up to get a strong hock set. I never seem to get the same holding power if I stand on the bow and “Drop Anchor”. Also, I won’t worry about falling in as the deck gets wet from the chain and rope.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:50 AM
Registered

A lot of the time here on Lk. St. Clair we are tied up to other boats before being able to drop anchor, the anchor just keeps the line in-tact so it makes it easier to have it up front.
Check out our little paradise in Michigan...
http://www.aerialpics.com/J/rafting8-05.html
Old 03-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Registered

I started a thread over at speedwake.com on the same topic. Here is a link to the thread. I posted a picture that I came across in Boat US Magazine for ad for Dri-Dek flexible tiles. Don't know how flexibe they are but could be a good idea to line the inside of the locker to protect it. Also in the ad is shows a picture of an anchor. Don't know who makes it but it looks like it could be a perfect fit in the 292 or 353 locker box. It has a really short cross bar. Take a look at the thread and picture, anyone know who makes it?

http://www.speedwake.com/upload/show...threadid=54749
Old 03-30-2008, 09:53 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Sneaky Fast
A lot of the time here on Lk. St. Clair we are tied up to other boats before being able to drop anchor, the anchor just keeps the line in-tact so it makes it easier to have it up front.
Check out our little paradise in Michigan...
http://www.aerialpics.com/J/rafting8-05.html
Do they still do that charity? or it that a regular sight on any given weekend? Looks like a party I need to get in on ....

Jeff
Old 03-31-2008, 10:42 AM
Registered

I don't think they did a charity last year, but the party happened. Every weekend we tie up out there, obviously the 1 day is bigger than the rest but I would say there is usually an average of a couple hundred boats out there on any given weekend. It is definitely a Hot Spot!!!! The thing that makes it great is the sand bottom and shallow water so you can walk the aquatic walkway!!!!
Old 03-31-2008, 10:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Splitdecision271
I started a thread over at speedwake.com on the same topic. Here is a link to the thread. I posted a picture that I came across in Boat US Magazine for ad for Dri-Dek flexible tiles. Don't know how flexibe they are but could be a good idea to line the inside of the locker to protect it. Also in the ad is shows a picture of an anchor. Don't know who makes it but it looks like it could be a perfect fit in the 292 or 353 locker box. It has a really short cross bar. Take a look at the thread and picture, anyone know who makes it?

http://www.speedwake.com/upload/show...threadid=54749
I couldn't open the pic, not a member. If you find out what it is let me know. Once my shrink comes off I am going to engineer something for that space. I purchase an FX-11 Fortress and was hoping all I have to do is cut down the crossbar. For a quick fix I was thinking about putting the anchor in an old soft sided cooler to keep it from banging around until I figure something else out with some PVC or something.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:21 PM
Registered

Sneaky- Sorry bout that. I'll keep you posted if I find anything out. If you go to dri-dek.com that's the company who's ad had the anchor. Althought the ad I saw is not on the website. I am however thinking of using their flexible tiles to line the inside of the locker. Don't know how yet, Thought about possible glueing them in but don't know if i want to do that or not. Mybe doublesided tape, but don't know how that will hold up if it gets wet. We'll see.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:13 PM
Registered

Anyone use a box anchor? If so, what size for a 353? Seems like the large one is a little overkill. I was thinking about going with a medium. Anyone store a medium box anchor in the compartment aft of the sundeck on a 353? Lastly, is there any certain brand of box anchor I should go with?
Old 04-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Registered

Great question sleek1, I was wondering if the box anchor would fit up front in that locker too.

Quick Reply: Anchor that Fits - 353 storage bin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.