2008 350SS problems

Notices
Formula

2008 350SS problems

Old 05-05-2008, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Spray
Axius is actually an add-on system for stern drives, whereas Volvo's IPS/Joystick was designed from scratch as an integrated fly-by-wire system. Volvo has yet to announce or offer a system for stern drives. Perhaps this illustrates why...

Anyway - I question why the dealer has all the money for the boat before it has been delivered. I only put 10% down on mine.
NOpe they made me close and pay for the boat about 1 week before the test drive. After the test drive they were to deliver the boat in 3 days. That was over a month ago.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
Same question I had....

I have a 350 on order with Axius, but they have not started the boat yet. I was at the plant Friday, and they said about half the 350's are being ordered with Axius. There were about 10 350's at some stage of production. They did not say anything Friday about an issue, but I wouldn't expect them to offer that if they knew.

I figured there was going to be some bugs to work through with it......
Its more than bugs, its a serious software problem that their engineers have not worked out yet.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Registered

Mercury corporate called me to accept most of the blame admitting that Formula is also slightly to blame.

I also got a call from Formula but I have not returned there call yet.

As far as the dealer, I will not mention their name but I will say I will not be doing business with them again. This is my first boat so I would think the Axius joystick system will save me on docking..
Old 05-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
The Axius system is new and pretty high tech, maybe fair to blame Merc for going to market too soon with the product. But is it Merc on the phone to you making excuses? More likely your dealer, I'd be looking to them and even Formula to get this resolved or offer you some options. Maybe they could take the system off and credit the cost to you. Personally I think this system is destined for glitches until it has been in the real world for a while and I wouldn't want to be the field test guinnea pig.
Thanks. They offered little compensation. Still not acceptable to me though. I want the dealer to make up for his incorrect information that led me to not include a generator in my build. I forgot to mention that the day after I signed on the dotted line I brought in another customer that purchased a $300,000 boat from this dealer.

Great way to show your appreciation.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by cmcjo
Its more than bugs, its a serious software problem that their engineers have not worked out yet.
Software problems are bugs - at least that is the term we use and I've been building software for 30 years. I've never known new R&D software to be bug free.

With that, like you, I am surprised it would be so severe it would stop a boat from being delivered. The perplexing thing is other Axius system boats are being delivered, so that seems odd.

On the bright side, they will get it fixed, and the software patch will be applied to all the other boats out there. Either that, or someone is not telling the whole story to you.

Last edited by Mentalpause; 05-05-2008 at 08:12 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Registered

Hey Mentalpause, remember our conversation on Axius and WHY we have not or will not order one for stock anytime soon. Dont take the chance wait and get it on your next boat and give Merc a couple of years to make it work every time. I know you can drive the 350SS oldschool
Old 05-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Registered

That is why iI do not like bow thrusters on the 400, it makes good boat drivers lazy!!
Old 05-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Registered

Mentalpause, Just come in and buy that 40PC we drove, with a little practice you could scare the guys at the Toad like I do and still be able to run in the mid 40`s!!!!! Volvo Diesel w/IPS rocks!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Registered

Cmcjo wrote: As far as the dealer, I will not mention their name but I will say I will not be doing business with them again. This is my first boat so I would think the Axius joystick system will save me on docking..

Cmcjo, If and when you get your boat make sure someone teaches you how to dock with the shifters. Ask mentalpause how easy I put our 350SS backwards in a 12 wide slip with just the shifts and NO throttle. You will not be sorry incase the axius does quit you will not pantic and scratch you new boat. It is not that hard to learn and you will be a better driver by knowing how to do it.

Last edited by selpel; 05-05-2008 at 10:20 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cmcjo
NOpe they made me close and pay for the boat about 1 week before the test drive. After the test drive they were to deliver the boat in 3 days. That was over a month ago.
Had you ever test drove a 350 SS before you purchase one?

Quick Reply: 2008 350SS problems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.