2008 350SS problems

Notices
Formula

2008 350SS problems

Old 05-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 350SS problems

Sure enough the problem started after I paid for the boat. The dealer could not even deliver the brand new boat to me. They cancelled delivery 3 times each time it was an Axius software/hardware issue. They claim the Engineers are working on it and that all formula Axius boats are having problems.

So here I am out about 300K and no boat in sight.

Buying a new Formula was by far the worst buying experience for me ever.

From the lies/misinformation to now the inability to even deliver the boat after I paid for it. I demanded my money back but that doesn't look good either. Oh well I guess that's what lawyers are for.

Anyone else having Axius problems or maybe they lied about that too.

Any other Boats I should have looked? THANKS
Old 05-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Buy Volvo Penta next time. Or change your order. Mercury is notorious for promising before they can deliver. You, Formula, and the dealer are ALL caught in the middle.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who's the dealer?
Old 05-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I don't know the whole story but it sounds to me like Mercury has the problem and Formula and you are stuck suffering because of it.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

The Axius system is new and pretty high tech, maybe fair to blame Merc for going to market too soon with the product. But is it Merc on the phone to you making excuses? More likely your dealer, I'd be looking to them and even Formula to get this resolved or offer you some options. Maybe they could take the system off and credit the cost to you. Personally I think this system is destined for glitches until it has been in the real world for a while and I wouldn't want to be the field test guinnea pig.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

If the dealer is not working for you, just call Formula directly. The builder is very responsive and will get you an update.

Would you rather have your new boat delivered working incorrectly? I understand your frustration, but getting it right is more important... lesson learned, pay if off on delivery.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

That's too bad - sounds like Merc rushed the Axius to market trying to keep pace with Volvo, but the Volvo system has enough of a head start that they've worked the bugs out. You and Formula are caught in the middle...as for the dealer, they are there, too - but I would hope they would be trying to figure out a way to make you happy. If I was the dealer, during the wait, I'd be finding a boat for you to use.

That's too much coin to drop on a boat and leave the customer pizzed. Let us know what happens.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
The Axius system is new and pretty high tech, maybe fair to blame Merc for going to market too soon with the product. But is it Merc on the phone to you making excuses? More likely your dealer, I'd be looking to them and even Formula to get this resolved or offer you some options. Maybe they could take the system off and credit the cost to you. Personally I think this system is destined for glitches until it has been in the real world for a while and I wouldn't want to be the field test guinnea pig.
I agree with Ragged totally. Don't want to sound like a downer here but, when this system first appeared, I said to my self:

"Self, I'd rather dock my boat the old fashioned way, by learning, rather depend on some whamadyne gizmo to do it for me"

I would not want to be the product tester for this.

Sorry for your bad experience.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:12 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackJack58
...sounds like Merc rushed the Axius to market trying to keep pace with Volvo, but the Volvo system has enough of a head start that they've worked the bugs out. You and Formula are caught in the middle...
Axius is actually an add-on system for stern drives, whereas Volvo's IPS/Joystick was designed from scratch as an integrated fly-by-wire system. Volvo has yet to announce or offer a system for stern drives. Perhaps this illustrates why...

Anyway - I question why the dealer has all the money for the boat before it has been delivered. I only put 10% down on mine.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Spray
Anyway - I question why the dealer has all the money for the boat before it has been delivered. I only put 10% down on mine.

Same question I had....

I have a 350 on order with Axius, but they have not started the boat yet. I was at the plant Friday, and they said about half the 350's are being ordered with Axius. There were about 10 350's at some stage of production. They did not say anything Friday about an issue, but I wouldn't expect them to offer that if they knew.

I figured there was going to be some bugs to work through with it......

Last edited by Mentalpause; 05-05-2008 at 03:01 PM.

Quick Reply: 2008 350SS problems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.