2008 350SS problems

Notices
Formula

2008 350SS problems

Old 05-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts
Default nauticool air

I stand corrected. Although I've never seen one. I cant see any benefit in no genset on this boat. On anchor, diving in the keys, 96 degrees, no breeze, flat clam, run your 525 at fast idle for 8 hrs to run your air? Darling wife using the kitchen and the kids watching TV with a belt drive ac unit?? We can find you a good used genset. Its not all that big of a deal to install.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe you should tell them you want a genset while they still have the boat at the factory! With all the sh*t you've put up with maybe they will give you an outstanding deal!
Old 05-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fossil fuel
I stand corrected. Although I've never seen one. I cant see any benefit in no genset on this boat. On anchor, diving in the keys, 96 degrees, no breeze, flat clam, run your 525 at fast idle for 8 hrs to run your air? Darling wife using the kitchen and the kids watching TV with a belt drive ac unit?? We can find you a good used genset. Its not all that big of a deal to install.
I wasn't saying this IS the answer, just making a point that they are available!

Dave
Old 05-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cmcjo
They insured me that the AC would work as long as the engines were running.
This turned out to not be true as I now know that a generator is needed unless the boat is plugged into power.
That is a horrible rookie-like mistake. I have never seen ANY boat, let alone a Formula, w/o a genset be able to run the A/C w/o being plugged in.

Purchasing such a premium boat and with all the crap you have been through I would talk to Formula and ask them if they can add it now and cut you a break. If I had a boat that nice I would be pissed not being able to run the A/C except at the dock.

I have hope that Formula could help make this right. If they don't no one in this industry can at least for this type of boat.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Here is a picture of the engine compartment rigging with gen option. There is a hatch opening in the floor of the cockpit for access to the gen. If your boat does not have a gen, then there is a glassed storage compartment that gets laid up and the door opens to the compartment.

I would think if you could cut the storage compartment out, it would give you access back to this area to put a generator in. And IF Formula has the harness there already, it would make it a bit easier to retrofit one in.

Interesting enough - the access to the water heater and a few other things is actually better with a generator than without one.
Attached Thumbnails 2008 350SS problems-formula-014.jpg  
Old 05-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fossil fuel
My dog overheats and my mother in law gets hot quickly. The AC will be used allot when running the boat for the most part.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

My first Axius boat (330 Sea Ray) went in the water last week. This new system is revolutionary and you are going to love it as a first-time boater. It is easy to switch from the joy stick back to the digital shift/throttle and the "dock" button slows everything down to make it easy in tight quarters. We are hosting the Mercury Team along with their traveling Axius/Zeus truck at our Somers Point store during Memorial Day weekend. We will have a 310 Sea Ray with Axius in the water for demonstration. Feel free to stop in, see the new system in action and talk to Mercury directly.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by firstoffshore
My first Axius boat (330 Sea Ray) went in the water last week. This new system is revolutionary and you are going to love it as a first-time boater. It is easy to switch from the joy stick back to the digital shift/throttle and the "dock" button slows everything down to make it easy in tight quarters. We are hosting the Mercury Team along with their traveling Axius/Zeus truck at our Somers Point store during Memorial Day weekend. We will have a 310 Sea Ray with Axius in the water for demonstration. Feel free to stop in, see the new system in action and talk to Mercury directly.
Thanks,
Sea-Ray was my first choice when I was looking. Then my neighbor told me about the Formula boats. One question though:
I was told the axius joystick is to be used only when Docking mode is engaged, is that correct or would the joystick be used without docking mode?
Old 05-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I will have to ask my Service Team to get you an official answer. In my opinion, I would only use the stick in "dock" mode. I can tell you first-hand that it will work out of "dock" mode, but I can't think of a reason to do so.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by firstoffshore
I will have to ask my Service Team to get you an official answer. In my opinion, I would only use the stick in "dock" mode. I can tell you first-hand that it will work out of "dock" mode, but I can't think of a reason to do so.
Great to hear you liked it. When you say it will work out of dock mode - I assumed it would still limit RPMs to a low amount. I'm with you, not sure why you would ever use it out of dock mode.

I read where the sticks need to be in neutral to engage Axius. Is there another buttom or something you need to hit to use Axius? Or do you just put the sticks in neutral and if you move the joy sitck Axius is engaged?

Quick Reply: 2008 350SS problems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.