trim spcaers >

trim spcaers

Notices
Formula

trim spcaers

Old 05-26-2008, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trim spcaers

Well, I moved the trim spacers to where Merc recommends them and damn what a difference!! I needed no tab at all to get on plane, good thing since these bennets are useless!!!! All I can say is everyone who has a 292, change the trim spacers!!!!!!

Now, i need to get my props matched, balanced and bluprinted and we are good to go!!!!
Old 05-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

That's it, I'm changing mine before it goes back in the water. Those Bennets do not belong on these boats. After playing with them all day on Sunday, I think I wore the rocker switches out!!
Old 05-26-2008, 08:56 PM
Registered

What are trim spacers and how do you adjust them?
Old 05-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Cool, I figured you would like that!

fastmcars, see post #11 in the thread below...

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=186896
Old 05-26-2008, 10:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Shameless
Well, I moved the trim spacers to where Merc recommends them and damn what a difference!! I needed no tab at all to get on plane, good thing since these bennets are useless!!!! All I can say is everyone who has a 292, change the trim spacers!!!!!!

Now, i need to get my props matched, balanced and bluprinted and we are good to go!!!!

Thanks Shameless. I'm doing this to my 292 when it comes in. Did you find it difficult to make the change? Can I or dealer?
Old 05-27-2008, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by FRMULTR
That's it, I'm changing mine before it goes back in the water. Those Bennets do not belong on these boats. After playing with them all day on Sunday, I think I wore the rocker switches out!!

I know what ya mean. There is only one things that pisses me off about this boat iand it is those stupid benntets!!!
Old 05-27-2008, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by sotapop20
Thanks Shameless. I'm doing this to my 292 when it comes in. Did you find it difficult to make the change? Can I or dealer?

Just my opinion, the dealer should do it for free, then turn the bill into Formula. I think I can understand why Formula does this, but I completely disagree with it and it is not the way Merc recomends the spacers be put in. BUT, if the dealer will not do it for free, it is a simple DIY. Takes about 15 minutes to do it.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked but couldn't find the spacers, could you or someone post some pictures off what you need to do or a detailed instructions.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Splitdecision271
I looked but couldn't find the spacers, could you or someone post some pictures off what you need to do or a detailed instructions.
Here you go...
Attached Thumbnails trim spcaers-transom.jpg   trim spcaers-spacers.jpg  
Old 05-27-2008, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
Here you go...

Just remove the plastic caps, tehn with a 5/8' open wrench, remove the lock nut on one side, then wiggle the threaded rod out to release the tir bar and trim cylinders. That will expose the spacers. then put back together. The most difficult part is alligning up the cylinders and tie bar to slide the threaded rod back through. When finished, do the other drive. Should take about 15 mintues to do both drives.

Quick Reply: trim spcaers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.