Notices
Formula

May I vent?

Old 07-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default May I vent?

Not Formula related,but the board is slow and this might bring a chuckle,tho it made me mad.Ordered a new pontoon for a long time customer and Formula owner.He will trade his old pontoon I sold him earlier.Told him 15K trade,he said if any friends wanted it immediately before his new boat came in,what would I take?,told him $16500,clean cash deal,no hassle,New boat came in last week,we traded,everyone happy.Doctor friend of his called about the trade today,wanted see it,he had never seen the boat,but he understood the boat was $16500. I said no,that was if bought earlier so I would have cash flow.I told him the boat was mine now,the trade was made,but I would take 18K,even tho I had it online at $19500,which it should bring.He seemed upset,would not pay 18K even tho he had never seen the boat. So he would pay 16500 but not 18 for a boat he had never even seen?What do people expect? Does he do surgury at a discount? He must not have wanted it very badly. Just glad I didn't waste my afternoon with the guy.Sorry to vent,just wanted to share some of my frustration over people that judge a deal by how much I will come down,rather than what the boat is really worth. Robert
Old 07-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Well I've had similiar deals, they come in knowing what you allowed for the boat against a discounted retail and feel they should buy it for less. Always tell them they could have bought it from their buddy before he traded it, as most often that's been put on the table as a possibility. But then was he going to completly go thru the boat mechanicaly? Wash, wax and detail it before delivery? And then take care of any issues and offer him a warranty and support backed by a marine facility? Perhaps you have another neighbor that has one you can buy cheap on an as is, where is, take your chances basis.

Followed with the polite , and the have a nice F'n Day!!!

Or you could call Dr. Dickhead and offer him a slightly lower price, and clarify that it's bring the cash, hook the biotch, and drive away, and don't call me if you can't get it started or find the fuel fill. Call the neighbor, he's closer. Might change his attitude, or pizz him off, about 50/50 chance here, and at this point WTF.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 07-02-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Well put,and so trueWe just got back from a cruise on this boat,it is a super cool 30' tri log,think I will use it as my demo till I get a $19500 deal,which it is well worth.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Registered

Majic,

You are truly a patient man. After your accessibility thread, and now this, I can only begin to appreciate how much you go through each day.

In my opinion, you make yourself too accessible, and probably are too nice to some people, and get taken advantage of.

Thanks for all of the help you have given me on a boat that I did not purchase directly from you. You are a stand up guy.

I saw a pontoon boat on the river a couple of weeks back, and it was going faster than any barge I had ever seen. When I crossed it, I noticed that it had an inboard motor with exhaust as loud as my Fastech. Are these common? I had never seen a party barge with loud pipes on a big block.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mackattack
Majic,

You are truly a patient man. After your accessibility thread, and now this, I can only begin to appreciate how much you go through each day.

In my opinion, you make yourself too accessible, and probably are too nice to some people, and get taken advantage of.

Thanks for all of the help you have given me on a boat that I did not purchase directly from you. You are a stand up guy.

I saw a pontoon boat on the river a couple of weeks back, and it was going faster than any barge I had ever seen. When I crossed it, I noticed that it had an inboard motor with exhaust as loud as my Fastech. Are these common? I had never seen a party barge with loud pipes on a big block.
You need to come to the Shoot out in Aug.@LOTO if you want to see some wicked fast tri-toons.........................
Old 07-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Registered

Be sweet as pie. You been in the game long enough to know that it ain't over til it's over. The doc may change his mind, come to look at the party barge and decide that your 37SS is more his cup of tea. Yessuh, I'd be glad to hep ya with whatever.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:38 AM
Registered

Its the same here in Europe

Sometimes I think my customers want to buy rebates instead of boats

I have a contract with my local bank

They will not sell boats and I will not give any loans

Old 07-03-2008, 05:56 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Had he bought it from his buddy and something went wrong he would grumble and go boating

If he bought it from Magic and something went wrong he would expect him to fix it for free and spend the extra money and time hassling him for the little things

Selling boats is a tuff gig I have done it on and off for 20 years and people still amaze me

I once had a boat for sale for $140,000 and a guy called and asked if i would take $100,000 for it (He had not even seen it yet) I told him (very nice)I knew where i got my pricing from where did he come up with his price?
He told me it was all his wife would let him spend on a boat
I told him (Very nice) that maybe he should look at a $100,000 boat then

I dont mind the wheel and dealing but come on at least come see the boat and be a bit informed
Old 07-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mackattack

Probably a Southbay. Premier Marine has sold 2 of them with I/O, one with a 496 mag, the other with an 496 HO. I saw the black HO boat passing boats like crazy on Diversion last Sunday. Really freaks you out when you're sitting at the camp and hear a loud boat coming, then a toon comes around the corner.