Bimini Storage

Notices
Formula

Bimini Storage

Old 04-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bimini Storage

Does anyone have tips/tricks or better yet a pic of how the bimini is stored on 292 (or any I guess) under engine hatch? I've tried a couple different ways and it just doesn't seem to fit where I think it should with the brackets along the back of the lower seat part.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:47 PM

here ya go...
Attached Thumbnails Bimini Storage-factory-photos-008-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg  
Old 04-01-2009, 11:16 PM
Registered

Thanks. That pretty much looks like what I was trying. I only played with it for a few minutes... maybe I will get the wife out the to help also. At least I know it is doable now
Old 04-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You kind of have to muscle it in. It's better to use two people to avoid accidents from happening. I usually wrap a towel around the ends when pulling out & putting away to avoid any scratching or holes in the vinyl. I used it only a handful of times out on the water last year. Not that it's a pain to set up, once you work out a system it can be up in a matter of minutes. It is a nice extra to have it you really want to escape the sun.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Registered

I think that may be part of my problem is that I was trying to do by myself and I kept running into getting the posts too wide for the compartment wanting to scratch the sides. But at the same time I couldn't squeeze the posts together any by myself and was trying to go at it from different angles.

Now that I type this I'm sure it looked pretty funny.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:33 PM

I have only used mine one weekend, but from my experience, getting it back into the bilge is a 2 person job.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Registered

Bill,
your still alive. How you been? Boat looks great as always.
-Shane
Old 04-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definately a two person job. We have a system in place that when we pull it out we're not flipping it this way and that. We just pull it out, I hold it while the wife lowers the hatch. We then let it rest on the headrest of the bench seats as we connect it to the back mounts. Then up it goes and we connect the front mounts and straps. Just the reverse of that when putting it away.

To be honest it doesn't look all that bad when it's up either.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by cabin fever
Bill,
your still alive. How you been? Boat looks great as always.
-Shane
Hey Shane! Yeah, still alive! Spending my winter redoing my little checkmate!!! Should be all done in the next two weeks!!! Thanks on the compliments!!!! Ihope all is well in the middle of the state for ya!!! When ya coming to the Miss?!?!?
Old 04-03-2009, 06:58 AM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Shameless
here ya go...
Bill, I can't believe, as meticulus as you are, that the Formula logo on your bimini is upside down in your bilge. Whats this world coming to!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.