93 formula 303  whats it worth ???? >

93 formula 303 whats it worth ????

Notices
Formula

93 formula 303 whats it worth ????

Old 10-19-2009, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 93 formula 303 whats it worth ????

hey guys you would know better . any idea what a 1993 formula 303 would be worth i have a chance to pick one up in a deal. boats clean. has shore power. power seats. zero efferts .k planes no tabs interior nice but rear seat back and bottom need to be done. boat has 800 +hrs on 454 365s very nice trailer . just curious what i could sell it for in this market any input greatly app
Old 10-20-2009, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not really sure, but here is one for comparison purposes:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...ng-feeler.html
Old 10-20-2009, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if it wants to sell 25-30 anything more and it will sit, as you know the economy economy. Ive been watching these 303's anything more then 30 has been for sale forever anything that comes up priced near the 30 mark has moved and not real swift either.. let me know if you don't bite on it if one comes along priced right and the right colors I may jump on it.. and I know of 3 312's with low hours that have gone between 30-32k within the last few months, including one locally that a guy bought from mich, nice hours and 502's for 30k So as you can guess Ive been thinnking 312 also lol
Old 10-20-2009, 05:03 PM
Registered

also banks aren't lending either another issue.. especially rec vechicles
Old 10-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Kinda agree with 88 on this one. I have been looking at these boat pretty heavily as I like the speed and size (will fit on my lift) they offer. But the prices seem to be out of sight on these. Now I am a huge 'mula fan and they DO hold value higher thank what book/nada's says. Now to your question, I cannot see a 303 with that many hours (good motors just pushing rebuild time) going for more than high 20's if everything else is spotless. For a little more perpsective I know of one that sold local to me that was a 1995 in good condition with 520 hours on 454 mag MPIs all freshwater/shorepower/all covers/etc on trailer for low 30's. Now with that said...let me know if you pick it up or pass as well as might give me a blank slate on motors
Old 10-20-2009, 05:30 PM
Registered

Excellent comments, I don't disagree with any of them. That said, from guys who know older Formulas and that have been "shopping" the 303; what number would you put on my boat? Just curious, and please be honest. Take into account eveything it has to offer.....fresh water, one owner the majority of it's life, stored indoors, etc, etc........

Thanks.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Honestly Bowen depends....also not sure you want to take pricing advice from someone who is looking for 303's! Honestly you need to look at your situation. If you NEED to sell put it at 30k and make sure that is is at or below book so that someone can get financing. Now...like I said a lot of Formulas always seem to pull higher money than book and great condition older ones are which is both good and bad...good for the seller if they can find someone that know what they want and has money to buy a boat. Bad as it limits the pricing market lower to people who can make a payment but might not have a lot to put down. I think your boat is in above average condition and has a bunch going for it. I think your power upgrades and hours are both mild and help. Colors--lets face it right @ss for the right seat but again you can offset this with price (not sure I would in your case). Stick it at 35k and be willing to move on price a little and it should go. Now you are also getting into the time where there might be extra cost to store/winterize/maintain through the winter to sell at your asking in the spring vs taking the hit on price and moving it sooner but saving out of pocket costs on those items. Also you might have to wait till spring as the snow has fallen in the N.E.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Registered

Appreciate it. It is now winterized, and I'm not going to try to sell it off-season, sooooo I guess I'll have to run it next summer.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:09 PM
Registered

Bowen I looked at your boat also, the condition really got me. I think the worst thing for you is your imron design, it is probally the least favorate of many. I don't mind the colors lets face it its a Formula from that generation lol but that imron is my least favorate personally anywayz. but for the right price........ I think the number above is a good start and if your not in a must sell situation try it