Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done? >

Upgrades to your Formula! What have you done?

Notices
Formula

Upgrades to your Formula! What have you done?

Old 03-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Spray
I have one of the rare 382's with the Innovation/Volvo Penta 600 engines. I stopped by Innovation a few weeks ago and noticed a pair of engine covers made for the personal boat of Volvo Penta's CEO. A little sweet-talking later, and they showed up on my front porch yesterday FOC! I'm getting them repainted to match the engine colors exactly. They will cover the engine from the heat exchanger all the way back to the oil cooler, and give them a restomod/custom look. According to the VP guys, these are the only two shrouds ever made.
If they had blinged it up on the motors maybe they would have sold more to keep it going!!!! Super that you got those!

Last edited by PhantomChaos; 03-18-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Those covers are definately an updated modern look. Awesome touch to the old bird. They really look fabulous!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 10:43 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone???
Old 01-26-2013, 07:00 AM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Come on Nort...You know how we are here in the East.

We keep it quiet until the official unavailing!

Really not too much at this end. Freshing up the power and a few more interior panels that I need to have done and then the boat will be pretty good. Running out of ideas, may be time to upgrade boats!

Dave
Old 01-26-2013, 07:17 AM
Registered

Default shiny

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
A few things so far this year.
What did you use to polish the aluminum??
Old 01-26-2013, 11:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by buckknekkid
What did you use to polish the aluminum??
Are you talking about the bilge step? The material comes that way.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by axapowell
Come on Nort...You know how we are here in the East.

We keep it quiet until the official unavailing!

Really not too much at this end. Freshing up the power and a few more interior panels that I need to have done and then the boat will be pretty good. Running out of ideas, may be time to upgrade boats!

Dave

Sounds good Dave! You know.......I still have no cup holders in those billet step plates. I originally called Diamond (the guy you mentioned) and they were delivered from Eddie Marine and don't fit the step. Any suggestions?
Old 01-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Registered

Cool bilge step

Yes, mine came with some pretty rank plywood and there are lots of new things going into the bilge, so I need a new style Diamond plate configuration to hold a group 30 battery box , tool box , props etc.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
If they had blinged it up on the motors maybe they would have sold more to keep it going!!!! Super that you got those!

Maybe it was the bling factor but drive failures behind those 600's was a problem then too. Several of those boats didn't make it out of warranty, or even the first year, before drive claims had to be dealt with so who boat builder wants to deal with issues like that? I wonder if that was more of a driver than the bling? Just look at Merc's new bragging point, the 565. That is nothing more than a stroked 502 which is what the 600's are.

I think Volvo was ahead of the curve with the 600's in 2000 but the market and drive situation was not ready for that power the way that is was paired up. The 565 is paired with XR's and drive showers but failures are inevitable. I guess as long as the failure is outside of the warranty Merc does not care.

These stroker motors need paired up with some Imco extremes or NXT to keep drives alive.

I really like those Volvo 600's a lot and would love the chance to buy one of those boats. I don't have the money for a 565 but for me a Volvo 600 is the same or better thing.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:22 PM
Banned

New LED lighting in bilge.
Attached Thumbnails Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-dsc_1391.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-dsc_1393.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-dsc_1395.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.