New formula owner, water in cabin ?? >

New formula owner, water in cabin ??

Notices
Formula

New formula owner, water in cabin ??

Old 10-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mine was coming through the bulkhead between the gas tank and cabin. I ran the water hose in the cockpit and noticed the rear drains were going into the space around the tank. It rotted the bulkhead and was coming through a few spots in the fiberglass. I am in the slow process of rebuilding the rot damage around the bulkhead. I sealed the cabin hatches, still had water, I sealed the windshield and still had water. I pulled the carpet and started spraying the boat with water and found the problem.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any unsealed wood under the floor in the bottom / in the cabin I wonder ? Water coming from under the floor is scaring me for rot !!
Old 10-02-2011, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm having the same issue with mine and I'm pretty sure that it's coming in from the windshield, mostly when it rains. When I'm driving the boat water seeps out from u der the dash and lands on my feet. I am having a very hard problem keeping the nose up when it's in my driveway because it slopes downward. The water gathers under the step and what I find odd is there is no drain plug.

The first time I had it in my drive and the bow was lower then the stern we got a hard rain and that's when I realized that I was going to have a issue with water in then cabin. I had to use a shop vac to suck it out then kept a fan down there to dry it out. I wonder if there is anything else that could get damaged from it which scares me.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Prater
Mine was coming through the bulkhead between the gas tank and cabin. I ran the water hose in the cockpit and noticed the rear drains were going into the space around the tank. It rotted the bulkhead and was coming through a few spots in the fiberglass. I am in the slow process of rebuilding the rot damage around the bulkhead. I sealed the cabin hatches, still had water, I sealed the windshield and still had water. I pulled the carpet and started spraying the boat with water and found the problem.
getting anywher with your water issue?
Old 03-25-2012, 09:15 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

We have had a few guys on these threads say that it also came from under the cockpit floor. So if your boat is dry and you drop the bow low then that is were I would look. Other places that guys have found it from the hatches, windsheild, and rub rail.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone try drilling the rear bulkhead?
Old 03-26-2012, 06:52 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think you would want to do that because then the bilge water could get in there?