Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
Formula 382 W/Ilmor 725's >

Formula 382 W/Ilmor 725's

Notices

Formula 382 W/Ilmor 725's

Old 12-15-2011, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the pictures of the Indy Outdrives. Production won't start until after the holidays. It will be complete towards the end of February.
Hopefully I will get pictures of the progress, and be able to post them.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:15 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Welcome to the (Happy) Ilmor Owners Club, a very loyal group.

This is terrific news. A lot of people have been looking forward to this package being built. It's the joining together of two great world-class companies. Your boat should be several mph faster than the 700NXT boats (very close to 100 mph), and will burn far less fuel than just about any other package that you could have chosen. I'm jealous.

What paint scheme and options are you going for?

By the way, I'm ecstatic with my 725/Indy package.
Attached Thumbnails Formula 382 W/Ilmor 725's-dsc03293.jpg  

Last edited by C_Spray; 12-15-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Made It Rain View Post
I just put a deposit down on a 382 with Ilmor 725's. Has anyone had experience with the Ilmors? I've only had Merc's and am wondering what the differences are?
You are going to need plastic surgery to get the smile off your face with that package. (and no complaining to us about all the Vajajay you're going to get)

Ive got three seasons on a 710 and the mill is wicked.
If my boat liked Cleavers I'd have an Indy.

Ilmor's product offers a unique end user experience.

Guys that buy these mills expect a lot and the consensus is they deliver.

Uncle Dave
Attached Thumbnails Formula 382 W/Ilmor 725's-engine-bins.jpg   Formula 382 W/Ilmor 725's-2750-out-mold-150.jpg   Formula 382 W/Ilmor 725's-mead.jpg  

Old 12-15-2011, 11:17 PM
Registered

Thanks C Spray and Uncle Dave,

The paint scheme will be Silver Shadow with a couple other options and matching custom Eagle Trailer.

Uncle Dave, from your pictures it looks like you boat in Arizona. Do you ever go to Lake Powell? If so does the altitude rob you of much power?
Old 12-15-2011, 11:55 PM
Registered

The paint scheme will be Silver Shadow with a couple other options and matching custom Eagle Trailer.

Uncle Dave, from your pictures it looks like you boat in Arizona. Do you ever go to Lake Powell? If so does the altitude rob you of much power?
Live in LA

Boat about 60% in Az 40% in the ocean.

Thats Lake Mead in the pict.
For sure heat and altitude take an edge off the performance, and everyone around you takes a hit as well. The guys with blowers are still hit but less hard. The mill still makes tons of beans and always seems to run perfectly with zero transom soot no matter where or how long and hard I seem to run.

When I hit the ocean on a crisp morning the mill is just at its very best and likely making over the rated power, but its always thrilling enough to impress your buddies and scare the panties off the chicks.

If you can control yourself (it will be hard) you will find you can eek incredible economy out of them. I have run 100+ mile stretches and get 3.3 MPG cruising at around 40 on a lake.
I routinely get 2.5 hitting it harder going to catalina.

Uncle Dave
Attached Thumbnails Formula 382 W/Ilmor 725's-nat-kellers-me.jpg   Formula 382 W/Ilmor 725's-dsc05609.jpg   Formula 382 W/Ilmor 725's-hatch.jpg  

Formula 382 W/Ilmor 725's-del-reyhook-up-titan.jpg   Formula 382 W/Ilmor 725's-follow-blue-line......jpg  
Old 12-16-2011, 08:33 AM
Registered

What engine color are you going with?
Old 12-16-2011, 09:27 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Originally Posted by ILMORdude View Post
What engine color are you going with?
You don't know? You're the guy who's gonna build them...

Build him a set in a custom medium charcoal metallic and get DeBoTech to make two sets of silver carbon shrouds.

Made It Rain - Do you have a photo of the Silver Shadow scheme? I don't see it on Formula's web site. Also, did you get my email last night?
Old 12-16-2011, 03:42 PM
Registered

Congratz, I have a new 477 NT ordered w/ them!!! So look'n 4ward 2 go'n off the reservation from Merc!!! I had a 271sr1, 312, 353 & 382 fastechs from Formula, all merc, some good/some bad!! This will B my 2nd NT! I boat in northern MI where the Formula 400SS is w/ the 725 Ilmors in Bay Harbor!!! I have heard there is a guy in this area that is also considering a 382/Ilmor boat as opposed 2 Merc 700's!!! Happy Holidays!! Tracy
Old 12-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Registered

Made it Rain... Congratulations! We're so excited to welcome you to the Ilmor family. As you have noticed, we're a pretty close bunch!

Wrinkleface... We've been chatting with NT about your boat - looks like things are progressing! Very exciting too!
Old 12-16-2011, 04:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by IlmorGirl View Post
Made it Rain... Congratulations! We're so excited to welcome you to the Ilmor family. As you have noticed, we're a pretty close bunch!

Wrinkleface... We've been chatting with NT about your boat - looks like things are progressing! Very exciting too!
I called today & asked 4 U! guess U were in the bathroom or sump'n!!!! did not leave a message!!!

On the straight, Thanx J 4 all your help!!! Can't wait!!! It's gunna B a long winter!!!

Last edited by wrinkleface; 12-16-2011 at 04:30 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.