419 Fastech....hmmm

Notices
Formula

419 Fastech....hmmm

Old 01-10-2012, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 419 Fastech....hmmm

I'm not currently in the market or ready to upgrade to a bigger boat, but I wouldnt be a good boater if I wasnt thinking about it..

Here's what I'm thinking when the time is right. Buy a 419 Fastech, 99 thru 2001. Take the power, drives and whatever else is needed out of my 353, and make a twin 800hp 419.

I would be able to repower my 353 with the 500efi's that came in the 419, still have 1 500efi and extra parts to sell.

Even though my Bravo's are already highly modified, I know they wont last behind the big boat, but thinking about it Cig has been putting Bravo's behind 11,500lb 42ft Tigers for years. And with the weight reduction of at least 1500lbs(motor,drive,pumps,generator and such), I can see the 419 coming in close to that weight.

Seeing clean 419's going for 75k, and TS Tigers still pulling at least twice that, the idea doesnt sound so crazy.

Where I boat the Cig's do dominate with their rough water prowness(not that they can catch me), but I would think the 419 would be no slouch.

Some questions I have: Would a 419 come on plane with 2 engines? Would the wider drive spacing cause issues? What would happen to the balance of the boat? How would it fly?

I love the idea of the big cabin, big cockpit and even bigger engine compartment, making future upgrade possible(staggered, arnesons, sixes..)

Any thoughts??

LE
Old 01-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Check this thread.

Another 419 thread

You will be in for some pretty big stringer issues. The cockpit and cabin of a 419 are not that much bigger than a 382, but you would be able to run a full-stagger engine setup.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I 've always thought a 419 with (2) 1000 hp and #6 drives would be the ultimate offshore ride!
Old 01-10-2012, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Updating a 97 fastec 419 now. Setting it up with new cabin upolstry, new factory cockpit vinyl , painted dash silver, removed engines, drives and tabs. Figured I would market boat cosmetically as new with 525 sc engines disassembled and with bravo 1 drives and let someone build their own engines for the boat. I really don't see it that difficult to rearrange the stringers, plug transom and install twin staggered. Boat ran 62 mph on two engines (center and port) with prop off of starboard drive. Got on plane with a little help from the tabs. Ran 83 mph with all three. I would love to see this boat with twin staggered high horsepower engines. Great riding boat, wave crusher.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by C_Spray
Check this thread.

Another 419 thread

You will be in for some pretty big stringer issues. The cockpit and cabin of a 419 are not that much bigger than a 382, but you would be able to run a full-stagger engine setup.
Thx, I already read that thread. It would have to be a Fastech though.

LE
Old 01-11-2012, 01:50 AM
Registered

If I were to try this with a 419, the intial build would be to leave both the outside motors on their original mounts(just use my motors), and remove the middle, the gen and what ever else isnt needed. I probably would put a plate on the middle transom assembly to test the boat with the twin configuration to make sure it would work before filling the transom.

My budget would hardly be endless, I would have to get the 353 back to running condition and try to sell it in this crappy economy.

More HP, staggered, and different drives would be down the road. I'm not even sure if staggered would be necessary.

I'm just wondering how a twin 800hp, Bravo 419 Fastech would run, handle, and top out at? If a triple 500hp boat runs at 80mph, what can I expect?

I really love how efficient the 353 hull is, extra weight hardly slows it down. Is the 419 as efficient?

LE
Old 01-11-2012, 02:58 AM
Registered

Does anybody have an idea on the production count of the 419? I know 2001 was the last year they were in the literature.

What about the centerline of the back engines, looking at some pictures I'm guessing at least 38" on center.

LE
Old 01-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have toyed with this same idea for the bigger space everywhere else in the boat.

Since the 382 Fastech is two mills side x side I don't see where the 419 with big power X2 would be much different at all. Reduce some weight and have more power seems like a great option. Tripples are so heavy in the rear that loosing some weight and adding more power seems natural to me.

Go for it..........before I do.

Well either that or I would do a 400SS.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Registered

I was thinking about this. I would keep the driveline engine and one of the closed couple engines. Sell the second close couple engine and drive (big market for that). Seems like that should be a easy sell. Gives you some money to kick off the next phase.

Then you have a driveline engine. Reconfigure the stringers and move it outboard 10". Move the other close couple engine in 10" (assuming 40" c to c to start with). Now you have a full stagger on 20" centers. You could test with those engines to work out the kinks without the big engines acquiring a bunch of test time. You could still run the 353 for that time also.

Once the setup is dialed in, swap the big engines in 419, others in the 353 and you are set.

See how easy that was. Just solved all your problems, take pictures so we can follow along on here.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 362 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by LAKE EFFECT
I'm not currently in the market or ready to upgrade to a bigger boat, but I wouldnt be a good boater if I wasnt thinking about it..

Here's what I'm thinking when the time is right. Buy a 419 Fastech, 99 thru 2001. Take the power, drives and whatever else is needed out of my 353, and make a twin 800hp 419.

I would be able to repower my 353 with the 500efi's that came in the 419, still have 1 500efi and extra parts to sell.

Even though my Bravo's are already highly modified, I know they wont last behind the big boat, but thinking about it Cig has been putting Bravo's behind 11,500lb 42ft Tigers for years. And with the weight reduction of at least 1500lbs(motor,drive,pumps,generator and such), I can see the 419 coming in close to that weight.

Seeing clean 419's going for 75k, and TS Tigers still pulling at least twice that, the idea doesnt sound so crazy.

Where I boat the Cig's do dominate with their rough water prowness(not that they can catch me), but I would think the 419 would be no slouch.

Some questions I have: Would a 419 come on plane with 2 engines? Would the wider drive spacing cause issues? What would happen to the balance of the boat? How would it fly?

I love the idea of the big cabin, big cockpit and even bigger engine compartment, making future upgrade possible(staggered, arnesons, sixes..)

Any thoughts??

LE
Think how many more people you could fit on the 419! That just may pay itself... Youll have to change the name to the friday night "booze cruise"..........
Hope all is well Scott.
Jr.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.