Header is hot on one motor >

Header is hot on one motor

Notices
Formula

Header is hot on one motor

Old 04-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

I have my flushing water fed into the strainers via two hose connections hidden under the swimstep. I had only one garden hose feeding the strainers and when flushing say in the keys, the engine at idle would suck the strainer dry. I believe it cost me a set of headers due to a poor flush. The engine never gets hot because there is enough flow to fill and cool the exchangers. The leaks I found were all in the highest pipe, also the warmest during flushing! Now after installing the two hose system I should have enough flush water to fill the headers completly. At speed I think our "sweeper" headers have no problem as they have never discolored and the water flow seems adequate. At idle maby not? The new GenX header does not have the "air lock in the highest pipe" but should fill evenly...maby