382 Footwell help

Notices
Formula

382 Footwell help

Old 05-21-2012, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 382 Footwell help

Ok I am at a loss all breakers show good, but both my power foot well's are not working. 97 382 fastec. everything else including the seats are working but neither foot well will. Anybody have any pointers? would love some suggestions before I have to rip the carpet off them and pull them out. Going to check power at the switch tonight but I can't see both sides going at once! Thanks in advance! Sean
Old 05-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Good question....my passenger side foot rest is not working...
Old 05-22-2012, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a connector located inside the side storage area where the wiring from the boat's harness plugs into the seat's wiring harness. Check that connector and make sure it is completely plugged in as any separation or corosion of the connectors may be preventing power transfer between the switch on the seat and the actuator in the foot step well. I just re-furbished a 97 419 and had to re-work some of those connectors to get my seat and steps to work.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:28 PM
Registered

Thanks! I will check that tonight! I did recently go thru both side compartments to check my gear and that might just be it!
Old 05-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Registered

Default fixx

easiest to check power when the foot rest is removed,look in the center of the carpet,their is a half circle piece of carpet and under that little piece is a phillips screw,remove upper and lower screw and the whole foot rest comes off the motor assemble..most likely the motors are seized from being in watger,whyle your in theif take a hose and flush out the drains,they plug up over the years and thats what makes the foot well hold water that kills the foot rest motors..
Old 05-23-2012, 08:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
easiest to check power when the foot rest is removed,look in the center of the carpet,their is a half circle piece of carpet and under that little piece is a phillips screw,remove upper and lower screw and the whole foot rest comes off the motor assemble..most likely the motors are seized from being in watger,whyle your in theif take a hose and flush out the drains,they plug up over the years and thats what makes the foot well hold water that kills the foot rest motors..
So there is just 2 screws holding them on? I thought I had read on here you had to remove the entire upper and lower piece of carpet to get them out?
Old 05-23-2012, 08:28 PM
Registered

Default fixx

Originally Posted by sdodson1
So there is just 2 screws holding them on? I thought I had read on here you had to remove the entire upper and lower piece of carpet to get them out?
my bad,sorry its 4 phillips screws..this is how mine looked,dont know if someone cut them of if formula did this ..

Old 05-24-2012, 08:27 AM
Registered

Thanks I will feel around and see if I can find them without having to totally remove the carpet. My 97 is a little different carpet layout. it has 2 rectangles with rounded corners and doesn't wrap around the upper like yours. I am going to try that this eve. They worked fine the first time out but I have gad some electrical gremlins since!
Old 05-29-2012, 10:45 PM
Registered

on my 97 382, you can reach up under the top step (there are tabs to pull) and the carpet will pull back (not glued) to reveal 2 srews holding on the cover to access the motors

Jeff H
Old 05-30-2012, 10:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jeff H
on my 97 382, you can reach up under the top step (there are tabs to pull) and the carpet will pull back (not glued) to reveal 2 srews holding on the cover to access the motors

Jeff H
Great thanks Jeff. I brought the boat in to the house to do some work on it and thats one of the first projects. Now if TAG will let me know who made my darn battery charge so I can have it fixed I will be in fine shape!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.