'89 292 SR1 60mph max!?

Notices
Formula

'89 292 SR1 60mph max!?

Old 09-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dtile
My 23 Mirage's rpms at 4900 WOT, my 22p bravo 1's at 4500...
Should let Brett from BBlades chine in here. He Knows this boat even if the build is producing strange results. my Heads dont even match motors but rpms do at WOT...
Are those rpms with your mirage's after being labbed ? What speeds were you at with both props?
Old 09-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jg1000
Are those rpms with your mirage's after being labbed ? What speeds were you at with both props?
Actually they are Quicksilvers pre mirage non labbed at 62 mph. I just got them a little cupped this weekend, need to test. I plan to lab the Bravo's, ride is much better now with them but at 58 WOT 4500rpm. Will get new exhaust and maybe change the peanut head since they are mismatched...A fall project. Maybe match the drives too...someway mentioned that boat likes nosescones too...follow this thread, might help you..http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/p...sr1-props.html

Last edited by Dtile; 09-09-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Registered

I forgot an important factor, or one that I forgot to consider. My outdrives have nose cones installed. I don't know which ones they have a groove down the side which I haven't seen on any others . But I was wondering if these are possible hurting my mph's . I have read alot of threads that guys lost mph's on slower boats like mine. What are your thoughts?
Old 09-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Registered

I forgot an important factor, or one that I forgot to consider. My outdrives have nose cones installed. I don't know which ones they have a groove down the side which I haven't seen on any others . But I was wondering if these are possible hurting my mph's . I have read alot of threads that guys lost mph's on slower boats like mine. What are your thoughts?
Call Brett BBlades!
Old 09-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Registered

Ok well I yet to hear back from BBlades, but what does everyone think about removing the nose cones? I have noticed that the boat feels the best completely trimmed up positive. And never starts to cavitate. I read on my searching that with the bravo's being so deep the nose cones can pull down when being trimmed positive. I also read that you shouldn't use them if you don't have hydraulic steering, which I don't and don't intend to get.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Registered

Ok well I yet to hear back from BBlades, but what does everyone think about removing the nose cones? I have noticed that the boat feels the best completely trimmed up positive. And never starts to cavitate. I read on my searching that with the bravo's being so deep the nose cones can pull down when being trimmed positive. I also read that you shouldn't use them if you don't have hydraulic steering, which I don't and don't intend to get.
Im not sure what completely trimmed up means. If i trim up too much I lose speed and it sure cavitates. There is a sweet spot, depending on water/wind/tide/weight/etc conditions. Or, for some reason with my both set of blades I can still maintain a nice almost full speed and have a nice rooster tail. If its too rough I have to trim it down a bit, or when crossing over a wake. I Try to turn into other wakes at 90 degrees btw. Too much trim my steering starts to get loose too...almost flipped it first day out with this boat doing 60 missed a big swell and the bow was too high and caught some updraft. Was almost vertical but landed ok. Gotta install those lanlards.

On another note, while installing my cheap (4.95 for 5!) but way cool LED lights throughout cabin and cockpit (http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLUE-5-LED-P...10%26rk%3D3%26 I noticed half foot water under stairs. first time I put my hands underneath. boat is at dock. had a lot of rain in past week. cabin remaions dry. Is there a passage to stern under motors for pump? I cant find one. Seems this would sink boat if one left door/hatchs open...
mike

Last edited by Dtile; 09-12-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I noticed half foot water under stairs. first time I put my hands underneath. boat is at dock. had a lot of rain in past week. cabin remaions dry. Is there a passage to stern under motors for pump? I cant find one. Seems this would sink boat if one left door/hatchs open...
mike
if you do a search on here the water is most likely coming from the windshiled and it settles under the step. my 311 does not have a drain connecting to the bilge. Fortunatley i have never had water under there.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:54 PM
Registered

So what does everyone think about the nose cones? I can trim all the way up or positive without cavitation. also the boat runs the fastest trimmed all the way up. I would think that it should start cavitating trimmed that high but it doesn't, which makes me think that the nose cones are digging down into the water. I hate to remove them if they aren't hurting me but from all the treads I've read they maybe my culprit. I talked to bblades and they said take 'em off but they also said to call Bob's Machine shop and that guy said he doubts they are hurting my performance. So.......
Old 09-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Registered

So what does everyone think about the nose cones? I can trim all the way up or positive without cavitation. also the boat runs the fastest trimmed all the way up. I would think that it should start cavitating trimmed that high but it doesn't, which makes me think that the nose cones are digging down into the water. I hate to remove them if they aren't hurting me but from all the treads I've read they maybe my culprit. I talked to bblades and they said take 'em off but they also said to call Bob's Machine shop and that guy said he doubts they are hurting my performance. So.......
Can you take a video of this action and post on u tube. Very strange to me.
first with trim all the way down, then bring it up. no rooster tail??? mine 20 feet in air, 40 feet back with 3 and four blades.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Car Biz
if you do a search on here the water is most likely coming from the windshiled and it settles under the step. my 311 does not have a drain connecting to the bilge. Fortunatley i have never had water under there.
thanks car.. first day cleaned the boat i powerwashed the inside carpartments thinking it would drain out...wasnt that much water after all, about a gallon...i was hoping a lot, 8 pounds a gallon ya know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.