Notices
Formula

Fastech dash redo with pics

Old 03-17-2013, 09:12 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fastech dash redo with pics

Well I couldn't resist posting this any longer. Decided to redo the dash of my 97 312 Fastech (probably against my better judgement) over the winter and have finally started to see the fruition of all the work. Bought the 312 last summer and it was in dire need of some TLC. The previous owners had left it out in the elements which caused the dash to fade and loose its shine. All the instrument panels had become weathered and off-color. Needless to say I knew I had a big project ahead of me but thought the re-do would be fun.
I decided to have the new dash panels made out of carbon fiber and go with Livorsi gauges. Had the dash repainted and am just now getting things put back together. Had the throttles powder coated and then glossed.
Below are some before, during, and now pics...still in the final stages of reassembly but should have it finished in about 2-3 weeks. Will post additional pics as I get things reassembled.
Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails Fastech dash redo with pics-photo%5B2%5D.jpg   Fastech dash redo with pics-img_0633.jpg   Fastech dash redo with pics-img_0789.jpg  

Fastech dash redo with pics-img_0826.jpg   Fastech dash redo with pics-formula-boat-dash-painting-002.jpg   Fastech dash redo with pics-formula-boat-dash-painting-006.jpg  

Fastech dash redo with pics-img_0918.jpg   Fastech dash redo with pics-img_0931.jpg   Fastech dash redo with pics-img_0922.jpg  

Fastech dash redo with pics-img_0925.jpg  
Old 03-17-2013, 09:16 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Some additional pics of the throttles after powder coating
Attached Thumbnails Fastech dash redo with pics-img_0926.jpg   Fastech dash redo with pics-img_0908.jpg   Fastech dash redo with pics-img_0909.jpg  

Old 03-17-2013, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

wow, nice work.

How did you get the small lettering done over the c/fibre?
Old 03-17-2013, 09:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I had the carbon fiber panels made by Steve Dunning (Innotech Designs) in St. Louis. He did all the silk screening of the lettering as well. What is pretty amazing is it seems that the lettering was done and then an additional layer of gloss put on the panels to keep the lettering from scratching off.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:38 PM
Registered

Wow! That looks slick. Awesome choice in scheme.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:45 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thanks!! I was a little torn in staying old school with the original darker color in the dash or go with a more updated dash color in white. Ultimately I decided to stay with the original black dash and then have carbon fiber panels made to go along with this theme. I was really torn and wanted to update the dash color to white and then have a set of red or blue dash panels made but it was just going to be too difficult to remove the windshield and paint the dash white. Plus I like the fact that I kept some of its original coloring in place...am probably going to have the upholstery redone at some point to be more in line with the dash...and then maybe a new paint job...never ending!!
Old 03-18-2013, 07:10 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Congrats...Steve did my ddash panels a few years ago too.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...a-382-a-3.html

Page 6 has an outside shot of the finished product.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:32 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by paaka937
I had the carbon fiber panels made by Steve Dunning (Innotech Designs) in St. Louis. He did all the silk screening of the lettering as well. What is pretty amazing is it seems that the lettering was done and then an additional layer of gloss put on the panels to keep the lettering from scratching off.

Nice job.

Steve did mine too
Old 03-18-2013, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey
Nice job.

Steve did mine too
I like that carbon fiber. Where did you put the rest of the gauges after?
Old 03-18-2013, 09:19 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
I like that carbon fiber. Where did you put the rest of the gauges after?
That's it, before I brought the boat down South I installed a new Garmin and I had to lose the speedo, I have a GPS speedo now and the depth finder is on it to;

two oil pressure gauges
two water temp
two tachs
fuel
battery

It all turned out looking good, the Garmin is a must around the ICW and it works great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.