Notices
Formula

So what's it take to sell this thing? My 303-SR-1

Old 06-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by mptrimshop
IMO and I am in the boat market ..... And I feel that most guys looking at these boats are about in my position. Ya gotta price it so you can attract a cash buyer. What is that price is hard to find. I know if all fails on my loan applications and I go to cash buy I would prob come look at that boat at 20k and if I liked it I would offer 15k ...... Am I dreaming..... Probably. But I kinda look at as I have the pile of cash and the worst thing that can happen is we meet in the middle or I walk and get to shop more. JMO..... Take it for what is worth

Mike
Rightm, loans on an older boat is not gonna happen unless its a non boat loan.... cash is gonna take it most likely, but like he said most guys don't have that kind of cash on hand and if they do they don't want to dump it all that fast.... The other deals out there are killin ya, the boat may be very nice, but so are many others that have been given away lately....
Old 06-06-2013, 06:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mptrimshop
IMO and I am in the boat market ..... And I feel that most guys looking at these boats are about in my position. Ya gotta price it so you can attract a cash buyer. What is that price is hard to find. I know if all fails on my loan applications and I go to cash buy I would prob come look at that boat at 20k and if I liked it I would offer 15k ...... Am I dreaming..... Probably. But I kinda look at as I have the pile of cash and the worst thing that can happen is we meet in the middle or I walk and get to shop more. JMO..... Take it for what is worth

Mike
Yes, I agree that you have to make the boat attractive to a cash buyer. I don't think you will have to go as low as $15k, . . . $20k as an accepted offer should do it.

Some folks won't have $20k lying around, but some will use a home equity credit line or something like that to avoid a boat financing process, which is unlikely on an older boat, as stated.

That is why I threw out a price of $19,900 to sell. You will probably have a stream of potential buyers and can hold tight on your price.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Artie: If it doesn't move right away, I would call Popyachts. They sold my boat straight away to a guy from Sweden of all places. They have a modest brokerage fee and really open up your market. It seems the guys on this website (no offense guys) are all looking to steel a boat as they are generally very knowledgeable about boats. You have a sweet boat that would sell in Florida for $25K easy. Most banks will loan that on a signature loan for a very reasonable interest rate. I wouldn't take less than that. Good luck selling. What are you looking at next?
Old 06-06-2013, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

completely disagree its hard to find a boat in thatc condition, deals are not as plentiful as 2/3 years ago only smokin deals lately are on big ticket boats 75k and above, blue book still strong on the 303 and yes u will need a goood credit score but u will beable to finance a large amount on that boat, if anyone needs it ill give ya my creditunion number, 25 should be the number.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 88242LS
completely disagree its hard to find a boat in thatc condition, deals are not as plentiful as 2/3 years ago only smokin deals lately are on big ticket boats 75k and above, blue book still strong on the 303 and yes u will need a goood credit score but u will beable to finance a large amount on that boat, if anyone needs it ill give ya my creditunion number, 25 should be the number.
What he said!
Old 06-06-2013, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

$20k for that boat is ridiculous! Try to buy a boat in that condition wit reliable power for 20k. Not happening. As long asyou have good credit 720+ a credit union will loan full amount on it. Seems $25k would bea steal
Old 06-06-2013, 08:49 AM
tgi
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking at actual hard sales numbers from the past year.
18,750 - 23,990

So i would guess you could get a deal consummated in the 21-22k range.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tgi
Looking at actual hard sales numbers from the past year.
18,750 - 23,990

So i would guess you could get a deal consummated in the 21-22k range.
where is thatinfo from? last may sold my 271 for just under 24k,
Old 06-06-2013, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

So,,,what some of you guy are saying is,,,,,,you want to buy a boat,,,YOU dont have the money,,,or YOU have bad credit,,,or YOU do not have enough of a down payment,,,so the owner should lower the price and give his boat away because its a little older just so you could afford to buy it...
thats some funny $hit
Old 06-06-2013, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

I agree Tom... could almost part it out for $20k I bet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.