2nd Annual Formula Atlantic City NJ Rendezvous >

2nd Annual Formula Atlantic City NJ Rendezvous

Notices
Formula

2nd Annual Formula Atlantic City NJ Rendezvous

Old 07-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after the lbi bridge the channels get narrow and there are a lot of no wakes zones. also keep in mind that the bigger fishingboats throw up HUGH wakes and that is never fun....unless you like being launched out of the water and dragging your drives home. also, from what i have learned from some posts on hull truth, when in doubt aim for the seatow guys, they are always in the deep near the shallows waiting for someone to hit!!! and giving credit where its due...........spiltD was in navigatable water this wknd when i got there early!!! IDCE, where ya been??? lessss go!!!!
Old 07-11-2013, 06:52 AM
Registered

"Lots of no wakes" says this guy ...... there are 2. It is tighter than say the Barnegat Bay area but nothing a good knowledgeable boater can't handle. Do your homework before you make the run, plot some headings on the tighter turns especially in the great egg area. Charts are free online google for them and print them out. Take the trip slow, make notes on the charts and get use to the run. It is an enjoyable run for me. I took the trip twice last year cruised 38-40mph and even with the TWO no wakes it took me an 1hr 45mins from Forked River area. This year im shooting for a Friday morning run down and take it easy because of our newest mate aboard.

Bill, i should be in for Sat. The dash and gauges and stuff took a little longer than expected... or i am just not as eager as i use to be... nonetheless I should be finishing that project up tonight then tomorrow give her a bath and fire her up.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are worried about the intercoastal, I plan on heading down Friday morning as well but plan on running outside. No need to worry about channel markers or no wake zones. Will head out barnaget inlet and come in Abseacon. Anyone is welcome to join, there's comfort in numbers.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:55 PM
Registered

Two no wakes zones, tight navigation, charts, notes on charts, boat wakes, sw winds...... How is this an enjoyable run? Haha Tom we look forward to seeing you this wknd or any other....not as eager? Sounds like the new addition has your heart!!!
Old 07-15-2013, 07:53 AM
Registered

Thanks for all the info, I'm a little bit of an IT nerd so I've been using an app on the I-Pad for helping with navigation basically works like a plotter, gps, tracks speed etc... It's a little pricey as far as apps are concerned but so much cheaper than anything else. It's called Navionics +.

I'm going to have to pass on the AC trip this year as I can't get off from work, but next year I'm 100% in..... maybe by then I'll be comfortable enough and will take to the ocean wouldn't mind making the trip with a couple of other boats.....
Old 07-15-2013, 08:29 AM
Registered

Slugo, sorry to hear you wont be able to make it. Keep an eye out for the 4th Annual Birds on the Bay Formula Rendezvous at Tices later this summer, I usually announce it after the AC rendezvous.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:34 AM
Registered

Same you can't make it Slugo...personally I'm a fan of the vintage Formula's especially the SR-1s I love seeing the old birds out there still running hard. We'll keep an eye out for you on the bay. If your ever over at Tices just look for a group of Formula's raft'd up together, that will be us. As Panic will reiterate, just head for the shallow south end.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:11 PM
Registered

That will explain why I didn't see anyone at Tice's on Saturday I was more towards the deep north end ha-ha....
Old 07-18-2013, 10:11 AM
Registered

Appears that 20 boats have registered for AC according to the latest update.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:20 PM
Registered

I've seen another post saying 22 boats now have been confirmed... Wish I could have made it, have fun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.