Notices
Formula

She is all mine! 330-SS

Old 11-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Pilotpete
Split,

Being a pilot by trade, I understand the red lighting and preserving night vision. I do take her out at night, mostly out for a sunset run and then back. Your point is well taken. I'll have to think about that one for a few before I get too far along.
So just thinking here... how come I can buy "million color" leds on amazon for like $3, but no one makes a color change gauge? (that I'm aware of) Would be cool to sync it up with cockpit lighting while at the dock, and underway select an appropriate red shade.

Originally Posted by Pilotpete
Well, are we talking gallons or dollars? And when you say "gas", does alcohol count in that total???
Dollars and/or Alcohol totals are exempt from any boating related calculations
Old 11-07-2013, 05:45 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
So just thinking here... how come I can buy "million color" leds on amazon for like $3, but no one makes a color change gauge? (that I'm aware of) Would be cool to sync it up with cockpit lighting while at the dock, and underway select an appropriate red shade.
Because gauge OEMs would charge too much. Besides, they're engineers, not always the coolest guys on the planet. Kinda like Buergel, great to work with, not sure if I'd party with him.

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
Dollars and/or Alcohol totals are exempt from any boating related calculations
Oh good. Then the answer is NOT ENOUGH!
Old 11-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have your boats little brother 280ss. Formula made a good comprimise with these SS models. I was tempted by the 330 but its too big to trailer on a regular basis and didn't want to buy a new truck. When you heading to Catalina, fall is the best time over there IMO. have fun