DVD TV replacement

Notices
Formula

DVD TV replacement

Old 01-21-2015, 09:53 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PM me your number...may be able to help you on the plates.

As for the TV, I acutally installed this unit myself. First of all, yes, break the mirror off the wall in the head. It ain't coming off easy. Save the pieces and have your CNC buddy cut you a new one, then drill the mounting howls and re mount it to the wall. AFTER you install the TV mount to the cabin mirror. Measure, measure, measure. Blue painters tape is your friend.

Using a 1/4" drill, drill pilot holes from the cabin side thru the mirror and the double wall into the head. Next, use the pilot hole to make a workable hole (hole saw) in the head for the mounting to the mirror in the cabin. If I remember correctly, the mirror is mounted to plywood. Nylon nuts and washers from the head side, and the mount is done. Replace the head mirror. Fish an extension cord and a piece of cable coax across the headliner to the closet. Wire the extension cord to the outlet breaker and send the cable to the back of the boat to the trunk. Spend the money on a water proof cable junction and use good cable and connectors. Plug the TV in up in the port side speaker access. Lots of room there.

That just about covers it. Questions?

Dave
Old 01-22-2015, 05:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by axapowell
PM me your number...may be able to help you on the plates.

As for the TV, I acutally installed this unit myself. First of all, yes, break the mirror off the wall in the head. It ain't coming off easy. Save the pieces and have your CNC buddy cut you a new one, then drill the mounting howls and re mount it to the wall. AFTER you install the TV mount to the cabin mirror. Measure, measure, measure. Blue painters tape is your friend.

Using a 1/4" drill, drill pilot holes from the cabin side thru the mirror and the double wall into the head. Next, use the pilot hole to make a workable hole (hole saw) in the head for the mounting to the mirror in the cabin. If I remember correctly, the mirror is mounted to plywood. Nylon nuts and washers from the head side, and the mount is done. Replace the head mirror. Fish an extension cord and a piece of cable coax across the headliner to the closet. Wire the extension cord to the outlet breaker and send the cable to the back of the boat to the trunk. Spend the money on a water proof cable junction and use good cable and connectors. Plug the TV in up in the port side speaker access. Lots of room there.

That just about covers it. Questions?

Dave
A clear example of why I am so lucky to have purchased "Chillin' The Most" from Dave.... The man knows his chit !!!! Oh Ya, He's also as OCD as I am....lol

Chris