anchor lockers

Notices
Formula

anchor lockers

Old 09-03-2015, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default anchor lockers

Does anyone actually use the anchor lockers on their fastechs? I recently purchased a 312 and have noticed a few things about the anchor locker. First off, the bottom of mine is busted from what I can only assume is the fact that these aren't captive and the anchor beating around inside there. So after i repair the busted fiberglass, how does everyone use the locker successfully without having the anchor beating around in there? I was thinking about adding some loops to it for a bungie cord to keep everything held down.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:35 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Don't use it to store the anchor...just anchor line. Let me know how you fair with coming up with a securing method for the anchor.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:50 PM
Registered

I use mine. Have since I got it. Yes its got scratches. Yes its got dings. Yes its got dents. It's an anchor locker, what do you expect. I boated on the Delaware for 3 seasons, there was NO WAY I was bringing a muddy anchor and chain back into the cockpit of my boat. Formula built the boat with it, so I'm going to use it. In order for the anchor to fit it's got to go in a certain way, but after years of use I can do it with my eyes closed. I got 150ft of line in there too, I've found if you place some of the line on top of the anchor there is enough weight to hold it in place.

The one design flaw I see is when you have docking lights as an option. The housing and wiring is right there and not very protected when the anchor is bouncing around in there. This season I swapped my clear housings for stainless as one of my lights did take a beating from the anchor. To combat this after I installed the new lights, I cut a rubber mat I got from HD to fit along the sides of the anchor locker not only to protect the lights but the anchor locker too,.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Splitdecision271
I use mine. Have since I got it. Yes its got scratches. Yes its got dings. Yes its got dents. It's an anchor locker, what do you expect. I boated on the Delaware for 3 seasons, there was NO WAY I was bringing a muddy anchor and chain back into the cockpit of my boat. Formula built the boat with it, so I'm going to use it. In order for the anchor to fit it's got to go in a certain way, but after years of use I can do it with my eyes closed. I got 150ft of line in there too, I've found if you place some of the line on top of the anchor there is enough weight to hold it in place.

The one design flaw I see is when you have docking lights as an option. The housing and wiring is right there and not very protected when the anchor is bouncing around in there. This season I swapped my clear housings for stainless as one of my lights did take a beating from the anchor. To combat this after I installed the new lights, I cut a rubber mat I got from HD to fit along the sides of the anchor locker not only to protect the lights but the anchor locker too,.
I also think I'm going to get some rubber or something to put in there keep the anchor locker from getting destroyed. Hopefully my repair goes as planned, because right now there is a hole in the bottom and the drain line has come undone.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racinfast002
Does anyone actually use the anchor lockers on their fastechs? I recently purchased a 312 and have noticed a few things about the anchor locker. First off, the bottom of mine is busted from what I can only assume is the fact that these aren't captive and the anchor beating around inside there. So after i repair the busted fiberglass, how does everyone use the locker successfully without having the anchor beating around in there? I was thinking about adding some loops to it for a bungie cord to keep everything held down.
Yep, same here in my 300SS. From now on the anchor goes in the storage over the engine hatch and anchor rode, if anything, ends up in the locker.

The liner in the anchor locker is thin and the shaft of the anchor punched through in no time. Seems pretty lame to me how it is designed.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:25 AM
Registered

This is pretty much what I used

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Buffalo-T...-205461761-_-N
Old 09-04-2015, 07:33 AM
Registered

My buddy has an anchor locker on the front of his Yamaha jet boat. It has a pair of aluminum pieces bent into a J shape. The anchor rests in the J. Maybe I can get a picture.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:50 AM
Registered

I've tossed the idea around of installing some sort of clips to hold the anchor in place but I felt that any screw used since you couldn't go very deep into the fiberglass would eventually just pull out. You could use an epoxy to set them in place I guess but still unsure how that would hold up. Best I could come up with for now is just padding the locker the best I can.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Have you seen a Fountain anchor locker? The anchor rests on a pad and clips in at the top with a pin - it stays put. ...and not a complicated setup. I'd bet you could duplicate easily.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:43 AM
Registered

I think a good epoxy would do the ticket as long as the prep work was well done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.