Originally Posted by badmonkey
Extra Bumpers...HELL YA !!!!!!
FENDERS FENDERS FENDERS...no bumpers
Old 03-24-2016, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Splitdecision271
FENDERS FENDERS FENDERS...no bumpers
Haha sound like my father in law. I say bumpers. He says fenders.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:05 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 914 Likes on 460 Posts

Originally Posted by fossil fuel
Bottom line on older boats. Its always a risk no matter what you do. Your paying way way way less than new $$$ you have to expect to be on your own when it comes to risk.
While i agree with you on the surface that any used boat purchase is a gamble, and a leap of faith that everything is all good.......this issue from what i have read and seen seems more of a failure on Formulas part in due diligence on properly assembling the boat....i mean knowingly drilling holes in the liner to inject more plexus to fill gaps where the liner doesn't contact to meet spec is a half/ass way of doing something don't ya think? If GM or Ford just filled gaps around your windshield with silicone because the weatherstripping didn't seal all the way around would that be good enough? May not show up for you while your the fisrt owner of the car but you trade it in and the next guy has to deal with a obvious defect in the quality of workmanship.....

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!

Last edited by Wally; 03-24-2016 at 10:36 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes
Old 03-24-2016, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CBlakeNS
Haha sound like my father in law. I say bumpers. He says fenders.

There are both, I just like them to be used in the correct way. For those who dont' know the difference...Fenders are attached to the boat to protect the hull from a dock, boat, or other structure. Bumpers are attached to the dock or a structure to protect the boat. Now a fender you attach to a dock is still a fender.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Wally
While i agree with you on the surface that any used boat purchase is a gamble, and a leap of faith that everything is all good.......this issue from what i have read and seen seems more of a failure on Formulas part in due diligence on properly assembling the boat....i mean knowingly drilling holes in the liner to inject more plexus to fill gaps where the liner doesn't contact to meet spec is a half/ass way of doing something don't ya think? If GM or Ford just filled gaps around your windshield with silicone because the weatherstripping didn't seal all the way around would that be good enough? May not show up for you while your the fisrt owner of the car but you trade it in and the next guy has to deal with a obvious defect in the quality of workmanship.....

Reality sometimes sucks, depending on which end of the chit stick you find yourself on. I do understand what the wrong end feels like, in that I purchased a brand new boat few years ago only to have the transom go all to chit. Was very much an error by the manufacturer during production, no help does rub the salt in a lot deeper. I sold it, with the buyer having full knowledge of the problem, and all the details from the marine repair shop that estimated the cost to fix. Hard to find this chit sometimes, I just stumbled on my problem while doing a fall clean up, not a good day. New owner fixed it, did a great job, boat likely better than it was new.

Is beginning to sound like this may become an issue for these fastec boats. Anyone ever really understand the advantage to this construction method? Not trying to start a chit storm, just a question.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 03-24-2016 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 492 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by Splitdecision271
There are both, I just like them to be used in the correct way. For those who dont' know the difference...Fenders are attached to the boat to protect the hull from a dock, boat, or other structure. Bumpers are attached to the dock or a structure to protect the boat. Now a fender you attach to a dock is still a fender.
Thanks Split for the clarification...I'll be sure to speak of each correctly from now on....then again I drink too much so don't expect too much......

Chris
Old 03-25-2016, 07:06 AM
Registered

Slurred speech is acceptable and understood where I'm from. I believe it counts as another language.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rak rua
Heck of a story, you wouldn't expect that from Formula.

RR

BaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2016, 09:43 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok due to the time lines I am getting for people to do this repair I may be diving into this myself. I had hoped to pawn it off on some one else but oh well! I have spent a lot of time thinking about how i am going to dive into this and I think I have a very solid plan laid out. IF I am lucky it won't be a HUGE job. If not then well it will suck... It all rides on if they got the stringers attached or not. If they are not attached it will be much more difficult. Stay tuned I will update as I progress. I hope to dive into it some this coming weekend (lot going on but I hope to be able to break out some time for this).

Last edited by Audiofn; 03-28-2016 at 10:00 AM.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:21 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 492 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Ok due to the time lines I am getting for people to do this repair I may be diving into this myself. I had hoped to pawn it off on some one else but oh well! I have spent a lot of time thinking about how i am going to dive into this and I think I have a very solid plan laid out. IF I am lucky it won't be a HUGE job. If not then well it will suck... It all rides on if they got the stringers attached or not. If they are not attached it will be much more difficult. Stay tuned I will update as I progress. I hope to dive into it some this coming weekend (lot going on but I hope to be able to break out some time for this).
Good luck....Hope it does not turn out to be a big deal.

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.