"Chillin The Most" gets a make over - No longer Chillin >

"Chillin The Most" gets a make over - No longer Chillin

Notices
Formula

"Chillin The Most" gets a make over - No longer Chillin

Old 03-08-2016, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

As Dave would say, sounds like its "gonna be bomber"!
Old 03-08-2016, 08:38 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, as most know, I was the previous owner of this boat. I made it a point to come down for the first launch last spring and get Chris comfortable behind the wheel of his new to him boat. I was completely blown away when Chris first contacted me last year. We had several conversations between us and with Formula. The first "expert" was, well, I'll play nice...Wrong. He caused undo stress on both Chris and myself.

Now that Glassdave is on it, I feel much better. Knowing that there is no structural damage to the boat is the important part and the rest is more or less cosmetic. That's the good news.

Now onto you Chris...It is a sickness. Welcome to the club! It won't end here, don't think that it will. You have a great platform to take this Formula to the next level of "Bling". I know you are a classy guy and will upgrade accordingly and with respect.

I am truly sorry that you had to go thru this. I wish there had been signs of something wrong before you bought it so we could have figured something out prior to the sale. I wouldn't wish this upon anyone. I'll stay by your side and support you all that I can, and we will see what Formula may or may not do.

Dave
Old 03-08-2016, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Chris...read this entire post and I can imagine the anxiety you have had over this...hell I felt it reading it after owning 4 Formulas over the past 35 years.

I will say that you are handling this issue the way men handle any adversity..like men !! Kudos to you brother..Hold your head up and look like a champion. Remember...real character is measured in how one deals with the down side of life...anyone can deal with the upside.It takes strong character to deal with adversity.

Can't wait to see how she looks when your done.
Old 03-09-2016, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, sorry to hear about this! Sounds like she will be back better than ever! Was there anything wrong with the current vinyl or does it just not match the new colors? Sucks they will probably have to cut it up to make good replacements, people would pay for it if it was in good shape!
Old 03-09-2016, 03:13 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Well this is a heck of a story. I feel for you. But it sure looks like you have it under control. Good luck, and hopefully we will be seeing pictures of a totally renovated bird.

LC
Old 03-09-2016, 06:00 PM
Registered

Best of luck. Can't wait to see the after.

Did the surveyor have anything to say on the subject?

-Dave
Old 03-09-2016, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can not imagine, kudo's to you for handling it well and in perspective, I have alotta faith in Formula, Honestly, hater's be hating, but they've always treated me very well with my 20+ yr old boats, I'm sure there interested as well, especially with there reputation of withstanding time, it would be very hard to tell what up based on pics, but i'm sure someone there has a idea on things
Old 03-10-2016, 05:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

My PM inbox is cleared now...sorry to those that tried sending messages.

Chris
Old 03-10-2016, 05:35 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Jordan
Wow, sorry to hear about this! Sounds like she will be back better than ever! Was there anything wrong with the current vinyl or does it just not match the new colors? Sucks they will probably have to cut it up to make good replacements, people would pay for it if it was in good shape!
Interior was fine...a bit yellowed in spots just from sunscreen over the years but was really in good shape. Changing it because I want a total clean slate...I know kinda stupid but if not all new then I would have bad memories...boat needed to be completely different.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by D2HP
Best of luck. Can't wait to see the after.

Did the surveyor have anything to say on the subject?

-Dave
Surveyor did have something to say..."I did not see anything to that effect"....lol They do not carry insurance so you have no recourse against them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.