"Chillin The Most" gets a make over - No longer Chillin

Notices
Formula

"Chillin The Most" gets a make over - No longer Chillin

Old 03-10-2016, 06:30 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Going to have to look at mine a lot closer now since my engines are out. See my bulkhead issue. I am looking at your bulkhead and mine is clearly not int he same position as yours! Now when I get mine back into position I am going to be looking at the same areas for any evidence of the same problems. Plexus is great stuff but the work time is only like 15 min or less. Now can they put this huge pieces in in 15 min? I guess in manufacturing it is easier but one thing goes just a little wrong and I guess this could be the result. Thank you for sharing your images. Is there any chance you have a picture of the back of were the gas tank would be? Looks like that is a nightmare to take out as well? I am praying I can fix mine with out having to remove the tank.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:35 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Going to have to look at mine a lot closer now since my engines are out. See my bulkhead issue. I am looking at your bulkhead and mine is clearly not int he same position as yours! Now when I get mine back into position I am going to be looking at the same areas for any evidence of the same problems. Plexus is great stuff but the work time is only like 15 min or less. Now can they put this huge pieces in in 15 min? I guess in manufacturing it is easier but one thing goes just a little wrong and I guess this could be the result. Thank you for sharing your images. Is there any chance you have a picture of the back of were the gas tank would be? Looks like that is a nightmare to take out as well? I am praying I can fix mine with out having to remove the tank.
I posted the photos that Glassdave sent me. Dave emailed me last night saying he will chime in on the thread with a bunch of technical insight and photos. I hope that he can post a photo of the area your speaking of.

Chris
Old 03-10-2016, 06:49 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Thanks. I will give Dave a call later today. Been a while since I shot the crap with him anyhow. :-)
Old 03-10-2016, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by badmonkey
Surveyor did have something to say..."I did not see anything to that effect"....lol They do not carry insurance so you have no recourse against them.

YUPP,

One more reason why i have never bothered with one, there are alotta stories like this, my buddy went after a 382 in FL, boat is "mint" ya well two different versions of mint lol, anywayz I just don't have failth in someones eyes other then mine, even in your situation you didn't see anything, but our thought process is a surveyor would catch that somehow some way, Ive been fortunate enough to get around insurance and loans that would require a survey, the whole thought of it is sickening, just seems like a scam to me, Ive always been scared of buying a boat 1500 miles away, finding a surveyor, get a good survey everything is good to go, get there, its a pile, have to fight for my money back, fight the surveyor, oh wait, it turns out the surveyor and marina/seller are friends, who's the stupid one now,
Old 03-10-2016, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

for the price of a survey you can buy a nice moisture meter ;o~
Old 03-10-2016, 06:55 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Many insurance companies require a survey now to get insurance.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Many insurance companies require a survey now to get insurance.
As do the banks or CU.... The process of surveyors is not the issue...the issue is that there has yet tot be a licensing policy in place to make the surveyor accountable for their reviews....As a business owner in the Landscape industry, we pay Liability insurances, work comp insurances, DOT requirements, plant sales licenses, fertilization licenses, etc., etc..... TOTAL bureaucratic BS... Surveyors are like home appraisers...Get comps and all is good... The boat in story was pure....that I assure you. Wendy and I looked at 23 boats prior to buying this one...I knew this boat, I had seen this boat and all its up dating, motor upgrades, drives, testing results, interior upgrades...etc...This boat was NOT up for sale when we bought it. "Chillin" was a man's boat that was loved and cared for.... I pushed for the sale...AXA only sold us this boat because he KNEW that she was going to a loving caring family as he and Gail were...That and AXA is SLOWING DOWN>>>>>>> hahaha...

Surveyors are a RACKET BUSINESS... until the industry requires them to be accountable for their findings we will all deal with this type of events.... I am amazed at the attention of this thread. Pleased to pass along good and bad......more excited to show off its final results.... and hopefully make the public aware.....
Old 03-10-2016, 07:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sorry for the rant but... Wendy and I are not the BIG MONEY folks that are blessed to have the kicka$$ boats we all see and hear off.... want to be but NOT....we are typical AMERICAN small business owners carrying a boat payment because we can and its our passion...I've spent a year now hoping for making a difference and bringing attention to this type of happenings.... As we continue our path to making changes and proper corrections to this boat I can only hope that the manufacturer steps up and shows the industry that they are a MAJOR player and will stand behind their beliefs....regardless of the boats age.....

Chris
Old 03-10-2016, 09:17 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Chris the issue is if I am reading this correctly there was no way to tell this issue was there tell the thing actually cracked open after you drove it one day? Of course there are good and bad survey guys out there. In this case do you think the guy gave you a bad survey or was it just impossible for anyone to know this was going to happen?
Old 03-11-2016, 06:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Chris the issue is if I am reading this correctly there was no way to tell this issue was there tell the thing actually cracked open after you drove it one day? Of course there are good and bad survey guys out there. In this case do you think the guy gave you a bad survey or was it just impossible for anyone to know this was going to happen?
Completely impossible to for anyone to know this was going on inside the boat. The surveyor actually was extremely thorough. The report he gave was excellent. Who knows...just one of those things I guess.

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.