Might be buying a Bird

Notices
Formula

Might be buying a Bird

Old 05-16-2017, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Might be buying a Bird

I didnt want to post anything until I knew what was going on. I recently got a good deal and bought a 1999 Stingray with a 350mag and bravo. After buying that my buddy and I went to Illinois and he bought a 1992 223ls with a 454 mag and a bravo. I had my eye on a 242ls before all of this but wasn't sure what it was gonna sell for or when it was going to sell. Of course after I buy the Stingray and my buddy buys a new formula the 242 comes up for sale. The guy is selling it due to the owner of it had passed away. So he contacted me and asked if I was still interested. So I had to try and get either my VIP sold and or the Stingray sold so I had the cash for it. It looks like as of yesterday everything with the 242 has come together with me selling both of my boats and the guy and I coming to an agreed upon price. It could still fall apart but I'm looking forward having a boat I've wanted since I was 10. It used to be parked across the dock at the marina when I was a kid and have loved it since I first saw it. Once everything works out and it's mine I'll post some pictures, until then I'm like a kid on Christmas eve with excitement.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Hope it all comes together man.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

What did you think of the 220sx compared to the 223ls?
Old 05-16-2017, 10:47 AM
Registered

2 completely different boats. The 220sx is more the size of a 206. It's 21'6" with the integrated swim platform. The formula is way bigger at 24'1" with the platform. But I like the Stingray, it's a rocket for what it is and is way more nimble then the formula. I haven't driven either that much yet but I can guarantee the Stingray is way better on gas as well. But if you want to not feel the waves or chop in the water the formula is way better. Plus the formula is way more roomy in the cabin and cockpit. I would of been pretty happy with the stingray but have always wanted this 242 so i had to sell the 220sx before even having it a month. I sold the Stingray to my Brother in law so I will get to drive it a bit yet which is nice. Overall the stingray is a pretty nicely built boat actually. Not the same quality as the Formula but has alot of well thought out features. I think if you compare it to a 206 i would probably rather have the stingray for how much fun it is to drive. Also it has a bulletproof driveline
Old 05-16-2017, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I had a stingray as well, really fun boat, and fast, just not in any type of chop.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:12 AM
Registered

Just got the word last night that the boats mine. I just need to stop this week and pay for it and transfer the title. So here is a couple if pictures of my first Formula
Old 05-23-2017, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Congratulations. She looks clean. Is that a bobs nose cone? Very elaborate string work they did there to support the cover.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks very nice. I like those colors!
Old 05-23-2017, 03:42 PM
Registered

It's a nose cone but idk if it's a Bob's nose cone or not. At one time the old owner put a big h.p. motor in it. It didn't last very long so he went with a 2001 7.4 mpi instead. It has a lot of little upgrades but needs some work. The cover tore 2 years ago in the winter and flooded the cabin. It's not as bad as I expected but needs some things done in the cabin. The rest is in good shape and water ready. So I'll use it this summer as is and try to fix the cabin along the way and over next winter. The string was for the shrink wrap over the winter. I cut the shrink wrap off the boat the day I took the pictures. I'll remove the roping when I pick it up to bring home.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice, congrats looks really clean! although I'd kill whatever spider made that web immediately!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.