Notices
Formula

Seadek?

Old 06-03-2017, 03:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know where the video image came from. I must have touched something I was not supposed to.
Old 06-03-2017, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Is the material being used on Factory 353's not Seadek? Looks like it.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Barrydet
I contacted Seadek last week about a pattern for a 353 swim platform. The reply was "we do not have a pattern for that model. We can sell you a $35 do-it yourself pattern kit."
I got the same story when I called last week as well. I measured my swim platform and a 353 and they are the same size.

Originally Posted by snowrunner
Is the material being used on Factory 353's not Seadek? Looks like it.
I would definitely say that it is Seadek, i've seen a few of them that have them, thats why i was hoping they would have the templates ready to sell.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts
Default seadeck

Be sure to read ALL the fine print in the warranty.!!! All the fine print. Our 400SS is in Florida and most of the "possible" non covered things have occurred. Mostly to the overheat clause, Sunlight clause ect ect. The guys at the Florida dealer/installer are great. I'm not sure the product is suitable for my cockpit-salon. It has shrunk and lost its pattern. I could have bought 4 carpet kits for what the Sea Deck costs. I think maby the button down flooring would have been a better choice.
Old 06-10-2017, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Formula uses PlasDeck as their supplier. They should have the patterns.
https://www.plasdeck.com/
Old 06-10-2017, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by fossil fuel
Be sure to read ALL the fine print in the warranty.!!! All the fine print. Our 400SS is in Florida and most of the "possible" non covered things have occurred. Mostly to the overheat clause, Sunlight clause ect ect. The guys at the Florida dealer/installer are great. I'm not sure the product is suitable for my cockpit-salon. It has shrunk and lost its pattern. I could have bought 4 carpet kits for what the Sea Deck costs. I think maby the button down flooring would have been a better choice.
lots of people complaining about sea deck on the hull truth. Not good in sun, or excessively wet conditions. Sounds like a great product for boats....
Old 07-06-2017, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used the SeaDek product and created a custom template for the swim platform on my 2013 310br. It was great for the first two years and within the last 30 days, I had 2 of the 6 panels come up. SeaDek stated the non skid may be too aggressive, that the area was not preped correctly, and there is no way to reattach the pieces. That is very disheartening and I will unfortunately be removing all of the pieces. They merely stated I could buy new pieces to replace what came up.

Not the best product for the money. I would stay away.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Wow - hadn't heard these stories before. We have been considering SeaDeck for our Fountain. Maybe I need to research a bit more!
Old 07-08-2017, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

I saw a button down non carpet floor on a few boats at the Miami Boat show. Looked like a great product. If my sea deck continues to deteriorate I will pull it up and throw it in the trash! I will be on the hunt for the next best thing. 4K in the trash.....nice
Old 07-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by brian447
I have used the SeaDek product and created a custom template for the swim platform on my 2013 310br. It was great for the first two years and within the last 30 days, I had 2 of the 6 panels come up. SeaDek stated the non skid may be too aggressive, that the area was not preped correctly, and there is no way to reattach the pieces. That is very disheartening and I will unfortunately be removing all of the pieces. They merely stated I could buy new pieces to replace what came up.

Not the best product for the money. I would stay away.
Brian, I am curious, what does it cost for the material to do a platform? I was thinking of doing my VR 1 but having second thoughts.

Padraig

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.